UPnP disconnects

I thought I pretty much explained it; if IGMP Snooping cannot be turned off on the Switch, there’ll be a compatibility problem in that the necessary multicast packets aren’t being properly exchanged :-1:t2:

1 Like

100% right- that’s exact the problem- it’s confirmed!
Thanks Anup- so I have two options now: stick with dCS and Melco and use roon only (instead the better sounding upnp) or
try a new switch without IGMP Snooping issues…

1 Like

I will test some old Denon streamer next to test further on…

ok, the Denon sees upnp server…this is really strange!

Well, I sure hope you can get your money back on that Ansuz Switch! If you keep it, you’re likely to have other App glitches in the future.

UPnP is not the only App that depends on multicast packets by the way, lots of others do as well, as does Roon in fact (not SSDP IIRC, but MDNS).

The reason that you might experience inconsistent behaviour is because some platforms/Apps which use multicast (like Roon) will first issue an “IGMP Join” request - which the “IGMP Snooping” function was designed for - so the Switch will properly forward multicast packets to that port and not filter it out. However, you won’t know for sure which platform/App will work and which won’t, except through trial and error (or unless you know the platform/App intimately at a protocol level).

Bottom line, best not to use a Switch like the Ansuz, it’s far too much trouble than it’s worth :slight_smile:

And by the way, on dCS, UPnP sounds exactly the same as Roon, not better, not worse. Don’t let you imagination run wild :wink:

1 Like

Thanks a lot Anup, that makes perfect sense now! But I will keep the Ansuz, even with roon the sound is much better!

One thing is interesting,I have access to all radio stations and my Qobuz in the Mosaic app, this works pretty well! Upnp, as mentioned, doesn‘t work. So these sources use a different protocol than IGMP?

Edit: Just chatted with the Naim forum- their ND555 works with Ansuz and upnp. Maybe dCS will bring out a new firmware in future😉

IGMP is exclusively associated with Multicast, and multicast is mainly used for service discovery. It has nothing to do with actual streaming of sources.

dCS platforms do issue IGMP requests as necessary (for example, when freshly booted). If you’re somehow under the impression that something needs to be “fixed” on the dCS, I can assure you thats not the case.

The fact of the matter is the Ansuz Ethernet switch is literally a $30 Made-in-China OEM part with a “broken” configuration not suitable for some applications :slight_smile:

…but why does Mosaic see my radio stations and Qobuz and not my upnp server?
Regarding Ansuz: I buy my gear because of its SQ only, thats why I sold my ND555 and use dCS now.

Simply because the Streaming services, like Qobuz, are not based on UPnP at all (and correspondingly not dependent on multicast).

dCS Mosaic, both Control and Processor, access airable and Qobuz via JSON.

2 Likes

Many thanks Anup!!!

Maybe I‘ll try the Innuos switch next to see how it works with upnp source!

i had the same problem, seems to be solved through multiple settings on the routeur and the syno dsm
i suspect synodsm7/multimedia server/ settings working dma english/simple/ssdp 700
hope it will help

Pierre

syno dsm7/aqvox switch/network bridge

I tried the Ansuz A2 switch again because some members here have it up&running with upnp serivces and dCS. F.ex. Innuos upnp + Ansuz + Rossini or even Bartok + Melco upnp + Ansuz.
I can’t get it working - it plays 1-2h and then all upnp sources disappear.
Anup answered that already (thanks!!!) the problem is some services are blocked from the switch- but how do you folks get this thing running?
My setup: Rossini, Melco, AVM repeater and Melco connected to an Innous switch (all worked fine, Mosaic works).
Then switching off everything and replacin Innuos switch by Ansuz A2. Mosaic works great but then (after 1-2h without playing music) all upnp servers gone (Mosaic doesn’t see any upnp sources)
I wouldn’t bother but this Ansuz sounds really good (even with roon :wink: )
Thanks a lot!

If something blocks from the switch, how come it doesn’t block in my system? I connected the devices quite normally, I didn’t do anything “special”. I have never had a problem with upnp disappearing.

Ansuz C2 switch, Innuos, Rossini
Ansuz D2 switch, Innuos, Rossini

Thanks Vladimir- I was hoping you say that :slight_smile:
Upnp is a differnet protocol vs. Qobuz or roon protocols. But I really don’t understand why that in your setup works. Do you use Innuos with roon and upnp enabled? Or just only one server?

As you know, I tried every scenario, and it works perfectly fine.

Thanks- and you run both services in parallel on Innuos? Or only one at a time?

What exactly do you mean when you say both in parallel?

are both services- roon and upnp- on the Innuos enabled?