Showing (off) your dCS setup - description and photos

My latest upgrade arrived yesterday. D’agostino Momentum MxV and HD Pre replaced my Pass XA 160.8 and XP30. My Pass was great but this combo of Vivaldi, Wilson Alexia 2, and D’ag is absolute bliss.

27 Likes

That looks great. You may also want to consider a reference clock for your Vivaldi clock (SRS Perf1 or Kronos). I have an SRS Perf1 clock and that made a significant appreciable difference in the sound for not much money (I got it used).

Gorgeous!

What’s the thing in the rack underneath the Upsampler, Jeff?

Very nice. What brand diffusers are those?

Thanks Ben! That is Synergistic Research’s Powercell SX using their SRX power cable. I’m a big fan of Synergistic. I use their Euphoria speaker cables and interconnects as well as their Galileo power cables for the DAC, Clock and Upsampler. I use their HC blue for the amps and standard blue for the pre.

1 Like

I will indeed explore that option! Thank you for suggestion.

Interesting configuration for those front wall diffusers. Did you get professional advice or just trial and error?

We used a sound engineer for room treatments and then used GIK Acoustics to provide the materials. The side and back walls are also treated in addition to the ceiling cloud. A properly treated room makes all the difference!

3 Likes

10 Likes

Do u have Rossini Dac with Vivaldi clock @Andyblain ?

Yes Sourav, a Rossini Apex DAC and Vivaldi Clock. Delivered earlier this year. I’m enjoying the music very much. And that’s what it’s all about…

2 Likes

It’s a fantastic pairing, and I find it hard to shut up about how much better the Vivaldi Clock is than the Rossini Clock. I had another recent compare before I sold my surplus Rossini Clock to a friend.

It should be, of course. It’s not a small difference in price.

Keep your eyes peeled for a black Vivaldi Clock when you’re over the OUCH of the Apex DAC and Transport purchase, Sourav :yum::+1:

8 Likes

Great I have the same except it’s a dac/cd player. Now next step for you would be a master clock 10mhz :wink:

What is that, exactly? An additional external clock? Who manufactures them?

It is what you will buy when you really don’t know what to buy anymore…and hopefully you have a very special hearing skills, like a dog for example :laughing:

Well, I guess you expected more serious answer…don’t worry they will come soon…may be some references to earlier threads, Because this matter is heavily discussed on this forum.

2 Likes

@Andyblain Here it is :wink:

2 Likes

Reading last answer I will only say look to Cybershaft, Mutech, perf10. Sorry I cannot develop, to avoid to close this topic.

2 Likes

This system is greatly downsized from my previous multi-box NAIM system. I think if I brought any more hifi boxes into the house, I would get divorced!!

chortle …mine was 23 “black boxes” at one point. :rofl:

…and yes, I was single, how did you guess?

6 Likes