Showing (off) your dCS setup - description and photos

My ever evolving system -
dCS Bartok , dCS Rossini clock , meridian 808v6, Aurender n20, ch precision a1.5 power amp , rega RP10, Stenheim Alumine 3 speakers . Sadly my nakamichi dragon was sold on earlier this year due to
Lack of use - already regret it !

fear of regret… why I haven’t sold my turntable yet.

great system, just wondering about the rack, it looks like it’s bending a lot by the weight of the equipment.
(or is it a lens distortion)

2 Likes

I would be more concerned about heat build-up. Those ARC tube power amps and even the Ref.6 generate a huge amount of heat - they need more space around them. If it were me, I’d place the mono blocks on the floor next to the speakers. That would allow the other components to spread out on the rack.

2 Likes

Simplified my main audio system. Moved my cassette decks and cd player to the whole house sound system, and left only Rossini as source for primary listening. Decluttering, as it were.

Edit: also not a fan of blue displays on the analog equipment, but at least they’re all the same color… and the Rossini is quite neutral so at least there’s no visual clash.

13 Likes

Great, the Pass Labs XP-22 pre. Which one is the Pass Labs power amp(s)? X260.8s?

1 Like

XA160.8, pure class A and great for cooking breakfast on the heatsinks.

5 Likes

I would also tell you to be careful stacking a silver Vivaldi one on top of the other…. The feet have rubber centers to them and after a while will leave an imprint on the unit below. I would use a microfiber cloth or something similar under the feet. I had mine stacked for 6 months and they circles were very difficult to get out. I finally did it with a microfiber cloth and elbow grease. Otherwise looks very nice!**

2 Likes

Beautiful system. Simplicity is beauty.

Except it’s not a Vivaldi.

And there looks like good ventilation between the shelves.

Found it. It was the 700 ZXL.

It was really great

Andrea

2 Likes

I think that reply was about someone else’s system.

Oh dear. Sorry about that!

I was trying to say/write that your system looks beautiful, and the rack has very good thermal venting.

1 Like

No worries, and thanks for the compliments!

1 Like

Thanks. Yes I’ll need to do something about it sometime :slight_smile:

Here are pictures of my audio room. This site uses a slightly different process for uploading images. It’s now sorted out. Even old guys learn something new occasionally.:grinning:

10 Likes

I see u still also play PS Audio Direct Stream Junior.

Regards,
Sourav

Hi Sourav, on the top is the BHK Pre amp. I only own the BHK components from PS Audio currently and I am slowly working at replacing them.

1 Like

ooh perpsex/plastic/glass rack shelves
I would do something about that pretty smartish

Just finished re-arranging my equipment rack

17 Likes