Mosaic 1.2 problem

Mosaic 1.2 upgrade problem

When I download the Mosaic to 1.2 this morning, neither my iPad or iPhone no longer will communicate with my Rossini DAC after the download. I can play and select music via Roon APP or my music library, but now my “DCS Device,” my Rossini DAC cannot be found on either my iPad or iPhone to control the DCS music or display settings.

I’ve tried rebooting both my iPhone and iPad and toggled the back off/on switch on my Rossini, but that did not help.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi Bob,

Did you just download the new version of the Mosaic app, or did you also update your Rossini DAC as well?

If you have only downloaded the new version of the app, you’ll need to get the Rossini updated for this to work. This can be done by browsing to the IP address of the Rossini on a web browser (you can see details on how to determine the IP address of your Rossini here), clicking on Device Settings, then under the Internet Update section clicking Check for update. The unit should update correctly from there.

It is a good idea to power cycle your Rossini with the rear panel power rocker switch before commencing the update, just to help make sure everything goes smoothly.

1 Like

Hi James,

I just downloaded the new Mosaic App 1.2, but not my Rossini DAC. I found my IP address. How do I find device settings on the front panel of my Rossini?

Hi Bob,

You need to put that IP address into a web browser, like Google Chrome or Firefox. Go to the navigation bar at the top of the browser where you usually put in website names, and type the IP address (so something like 192.168.1.123). This should bring up a page showing information about the Rossini, and you should see the Device Settings button towards the top of the page.

2 Likes

It did not work. I got the following message:

Update package invalid. Please contact dCS.
Verifying update

Hi Bob,

Please try fully rebooting your Rossini by switching it off with the power rocker switch on the rear panel, leaving it for 30 seconds, then powering it back on and retrying the update procedure. Does this now work?

1 Like

Hi James,

I did turn off my Rossini from the back rocker switch and then back on for about 30 seconds Now I get the message, “Updating Network Software.” The message has been on for about 20 minutes. About how long does this upgrade normally take?

BTW, I did try playing music through my Rossini right before I saw the message. Will that interfere with the update?

Mine took about 15 min.

I believe the instructions state that updates can take anywhere from 10-45 minutes.

Hello @James. I’ve done the software update on my Rossini via pc per your instructions and I’ve downloaded the new version of the Mosaic app on my iPhone. My Rossini dac cannot see the Rossini Transport and I’m not able to play a cd. What did I do wrong? Thanks.

Hi, I seem to be having a problem with the update to my Rossini that isn’t mentioned on any of today’s threads.

I’ve updated Mosiac and the Network update ok, so the versions are showing as follows:

App Version 1.2.0 (129)
Front Panel Version 2.01
Control Board Version 2.01
Network Board Version 1.2.0 (507)

So I think the main updates have been successful.

However, when I do a further check for updates it says “New host firmware update to version 2.03 available”. When I try and do this update it seems to download and verify the update ok but then gets stuck on “performing update”. I’ve twice left it for more than an hour and it hasn’t completed so I’ve then power cycled the Rossini and it’s still left on 2.01 with the 2.03 still being available.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks, Mike.

1 Like

It always happens doesn’t it - just tried for 3rd time and I’m now on 2.03 and no further updates are available - so all sorted!

Cheers, Mike.

1 Like

I believe that I did get my Rossini updated as it now communicates with my iPad and iPhone once again after I installed Mosaic 1.2. However, if may ask a stupid question, where does one find the App version, front panel version, Control Board Version, Network Board Version as shown above? On front display panel? I can’t find it there or on is it on my iPad or iPhone?

Hi Franco,

Have you got your Rossini Transport hooked up to the Rossini DAC via dual AES? (Dual XLRs)

Have you got a straight through RS232 cable running between the RS232 ports on the Rossini Transport and DAC?

Have you checked that you have the RS232 mode on both the Rossini Transport and Rossini DAC set to “Binary” rather than “Text”?

All these need to be done before the Rossini DAC (and hence the Mosaic app) can “see” that there is a Transport connected and control it…

BR

Phil

1 Like

Hi,

It is accessed from the front panel of your unit under the “Info” → “Unit Status” menu.

BR

Phil

1 Like

I just answered my own question. On my iPad, I go to “support” > “versions” > and the info is all there under “versions”. :+1::crazy_face:

Hello @Phil.

My Rossini Transport is hooked up to the Rossini DAC via dual AES.

The RS232 mode on both the Rossini Transport and Rossini DAC are set to “Binary” rather than “Text”

Problem is that he Rossini DAC (and hence the Mosaic app) can NOT “see” that there is a Transport connected. What should I do?

Thanks.
F.

Hi Franco,

…and the RS232 cable? Do you have an RS232 cable in place and is it a straight through cable rather than a crossover (null modem) cable? A crossover / null modem cable won’t work.

BR

Phil

1 Like

@Phil, no RS232 cable. I’ve never used it and it’s always worked perfectly.

Can it be related to the Device Settings in the IP address?

@Phil , I am now able to play DXD but not DSD or DSDSx2. It’s not upsampling. Can’t understand the reason.