Mosaic 1.2 problem

Hi Franco,

No - nothing to do with the IP address. You need an RS232 cable in place to be able to control the Transport from the DAC … that will be your issue there. Otherwise the DAC isn’t able to see that a transport is connected or control the Transport at all - the transport has no Ethernet connection and therefore no IP control.

The connections required are detailed in the manual too if you require confirmation.

BR

Phil

Hi Franco,

Thank you for raising your issue - could you possibly give me some information about this as it is rather vague and doesn’t give me enough to work on?

Probably the first and most important thing is where / how are you playing the DXD / DSD source material from? UPnP? USB? The Rossini Transport?

BR

Phil

1 Like

@Phil - I’m playing source material from the Rossini Transport. Prior to the software update, everything was working smoothly. Now I can only play CDs (and not SACDs) and the only output is DXD (i.e., it does not work if I try to upsample to DSD or DSDx2). Thanks. Franco

@Phil - the transport and the dac are connected via XLR without RS232 cable. As I said, this has always worked perfectly until I did the software update last night.

Thanks Franco - we’re looking into this right now so as soon as I have any info back from R&D I’ll update you…

BR

Phil

1 Like

Hi Franco,

For the transport controls to work from the app you MUST have the RS232 lead in place as that is how the DAC controls the transport …

The AES connection is for the audio from the transport to the DAC and with that connection in place you would have been able to play from the transport to the DAC and control the Transport from the IR remote (as the Transport has a remote receiver in it).

When using the app the Transport isn’t controlled via IR - it is controlled via RS232 - so if you want to control the transport from the app then you will need that RS232 cable between the two units.

BR

Phil

Thanks Phil. I understand. My issue is that after the software update I am no longer able to play dsd files from my usb pendrive or SACDs from the Transport.

Hi James,

I know it has not been too long, however, Tidal connect is awful. It disconnects frequently and thereafter connecting again is not possible. I felt happy seeing Tidal connect as dCS streamers are not capable of non-stop play and also several good features Tidal native app offers ex. My daily collections, mixes and again continous play after end of album.

What does the uploaded image mean? I see this more often on Mosaic that I never saw until I had Tidal Connect. This comes and there after the streamer doesn’t work anymore unless I do a hard power recycle.

Sadly, I’ve experienced the same now a couple times. Last night two disconnects within an hour, TIDAL Connect just seems to hang and only a dCS Bartók power recycle resumes it. Will test more to see if there are any patterns.

I guess one to add to the queue. I’ve found that post update to 1.2 on my Rossini that playing DSD files (via both Roon and Mosiac/minimserver) I’m getting a lot of clicking during playback - sort of like pops on a dusty vinyl record. I may be dreaming but it seems like it happens more frequently with Mapper 1 and 3 vs. 2. Playing the same album via PCM is fine. I’ve got a clock but same issue with it on and off. Playing same files on other devices is fine.

I just wanted to report that everything is now working with my iPad or iPhone communicating with my Rossini using Mosaic 1.2 with both my music library and streaming via Roon.
Incidentally, my Rossini will be going off to DCS USA ro have the APEX upgrade done once I’m notified to send it. I’m hoping that after I get it back that there will be no issues like I initially experienced with this last update.

Since I installed mosaic 1.2 it seems that my Ipad/mosaic app is loosing connection to my Rossini more then before, can the app be the cause or is it a setting in my Ipad?

After updating, I cannot play dsd 64 content through roon to my dCS Rossini. It is producing a cracking and squeaking noise when I try to play it. Before updating, I can still play the exact file.

Local dsd file > roon nucleus > lan > Rossini DAC.

Hi,

Thank you for your reports and I am sorry that you are experiencing problems after the firmware release earlier this week.

We are working on this issue as a matter of urgency and will post an update here on the forums as soon as we have any further information.

Best Regards

Phil

I’ve got trouble since i’ve downloaded new version of dCS Mosaic on my full stack dCS Vivaldi

When i open the app and want to stream, it doesn’t commutate automatically to correct input.

For example, when i open Spotify or Roon, i used to choose the device dCS upsampler to play on, and then the units ( except the clock that is not connected in RS232 with others devices) turn on and commutate to correct input.

Now, when i start to stream, the units just turn on but it doesn’t commutate.

It stays on the last input i chose before i turn off.

How can i fix this ?

Thanks.

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Do transport controls work on your Vivaldi Transport from the Mosaic app?

Can you check that your RS232 cables haven’t worked themselves loose - that’s the first thing that I would suggest trying?

Best Regards

Phil

I guess the rs 232 works as when i wake the sytem on trough the app, the dac + upsampler+ drive turn on.

How can i control the drive with the app ?

Can’t find the function in the app

Hi Patrick,

Can you first check for me that on the Transport, DAC and Upsampler they all have the RS232 mode set to “Binary” rather than “Text” … this is needed to allow the devices to communicate with each other.

Best Regards

Phil

Hi. It seems the settings are corrects.

Since the latest updates is the connectivity between ipad with mosaic and rossini horrendous, nothing else in my system changed.

Many times I have to switch of the rossini to restore the connection, am I the only one that has these problems?