Mosaic 1.2 problem

Hi,

How is your Rossini connected back to your router?

Are you using any form of Ethernet over Powerline, Ethernet over Coax, WiFi bridges or Mesh network extenders to connect your Rossini to your Router or is it connected directly using an Ethernet Cable?

What sort of Ethernet cable are you using to connect your Rossini to your router?

When you are unable to access your Rossini from the Mosaic app are you still able to access the Rossini’s web interface from a computer on your network?

When you are unable to access your Rossini from the Mosaic app are you still able to access the Rossini’s web interface from the device (tablet or phone) that you are running Mosaic on?

Best regards

Phil

Hi,

OK - have you turned on the “Vivaldi Transport Connected” option at the bottom of the “Device Settings” page?

Best Regards

Phil

Hello Phil, I am using an ethernet cable direct from my router to melco s100 switch, from switch to rossini a Sablon ethernet cable (floating shield)
Before the update it has been working fine, I have tried re starting router, switch and rossini numerous times. It could be my ipad, but it would be a coincedence with the timing of the update.

I have restarted my rossini, removed mosaic from my ipad and installed it again, for 1 hour the connection seems stable now, hopefully it stay’s like this

OK …

Absolutely nothing has changed in the networking side of things on either the Rossini or the app between v1.1.x and v1.2.x that would have changed how they communicate across your network.

What devices do you have connected to the S100 switch and which ports (100M, 1G or SFP) are they connected to?

If you have issues with the Mosaic app connecting to your Rossini again can you please do the following BEFORE rebooting or power cycling your Rossini:

1. Check the Rossini status / Info screens (and take photos of them) for the firmware versions and IP address of the unit and send us those.

2. Confirm whether you are still able to access the Rossini’s web interface from a computer on your network?

3. Confirm whether you are still able to access the Rossini’s web interface from the device (tablet or phone) that you are running Mosaic on?

Once you have done all that then connect the ethernet cable that is running from your Melco S100 to the router directly to the Rossini, power the Rossini off for thirty seconds, turn it back on again and run it for a while that way and see if you have the same issue occurs again. (I presume that the cable running between your router and the S100 is just a normal Ethernet cable, not anything “audiophile”?)

I would suggest that you might wish to report this to the [email protected] email address so that it can be properly logged and followed through without relying on spotting responses in the middle of a forum thread…

Best Regards

Phil

Hello Phil,

Yes, just a standard certified cat 6a ethernet cable, 15mtr, has been in place more then 7 years.

My rossini and aurender N10 are connected to the 100m side, router to 1g side.
Connection between Aurender and aurender conductor app (same ipad) is very stable, no problems there.

The ipad is 5 years old, only used as remote for rossini and aurender.

Thanks … OK … so, knowing the S100 switch, something else that might be worth doing as well is putting the router feed onto the 100m side of the S100 too but really we need to work the issue through logically one step / change at a time to actually find the cause of (and hence the solution to) the problem otherwise it’s just a bunch of changes and you don’t know which, if any, have actually identified or fixed the issue.

BR

Phil

Hi Phil, the system sounds best with the router feed on the 1g side of the Melco S100, and that has worked flawlessly before the latest Mosaic/Rossini update. I have done a power cycle on my Ipad, removed the Mosaic app and download/installed it again. Also done a power cycle on Rossini/S100/router.
Connection between Ipad and Rossini still gets disconnected, but re-connects between 2-5 seconds. (which is an improvement from before where I sometimes had to power cycle the rossini to re-connect)

Also tried the router feed direct into the Rossini, no change from going through the melco S100 (except SQ)

Internet speeds are as per provider specification and stable. (aurender conductor app has no issues)

Coming week I will try a different Ipad (new one) to rule out the Ipad. It still might be a coincidence that this is happening after the updates, although it is strange the aurender conductor app is not affected.

If that does not help, I will log the issue with DCS

Hi. Yes i did. It seems that i can skip when i play CD but i can ´t select input
The cd player isn’t available as a source on the menu of the app

Sorry for the delay - I hadn’t seen your reply.

So you get transport controls and the transport controls work correctly? If you have Easy Play turned on then you should get the DAC switching inputs to the transport automatically when you put your disc in and press play (which I believe is what is actually happening). There isn’t a specific switch to select the transport as an input …

If you are still having issues can I please ask you to report this to the [email protected] email address so that it can be properly logged and followed through without relying on spotting responses in the middle of forum threads…

Best Regards

Phil