Welcome Mosaic 1.1.1

You can just update the app, without uninstalling it first.

Thanks Pete. Mosaic was automatically updated in the process. It’s at 1.1.1 (109). Truly smooth as silk. One tap and done.

I really hoped that the fix to the playlists had been effected in 1.1.1

Initially yesterday it seemed it had and I happily set about compiling some music last night. That is all a waste of my time as yet again as the lists I have prepared have all corrupted just as before. This was raised with @Andrew back in June/July.

What an absolute let down. Is this not seen as something worth fixing? My old Aurender could do this together with alphabetical search without fail - ever.

We have waited patiently for this fix and it was mentioned as being on radar. This is so disappointing.
Absolutely fed up.

i‘ve a bartok with headamp version,

minor issue after the recent software update

which is the original dCS remote mute button is not working anymore with the bartok, after the update,

pls help

thanks

also, the mute button on the bartok itself isn‘t working too after the recent update

I can copy that, both Mute buttons on the Bartók and dCS remote do not function.

@Ermos, @haha161, can you confirm this on the Bartók front panel making sure you are doing a quick press instead of a longer hold on the mute button?

I did several normal, short presses, and some longer, both on the Bartók and the dCS remote, and Mute did not engage.

On the Bartók, I also tried sequences of pressing, and at some point Mute did engage, but I could not repeat that with success.

When I press Mute, the display starts to show the last track of music I have played, although I am not playing any.

UPDATE: after a normal shutdown, Mute on the Bartók itself is now working. The dCS remote’s Mute still not (but I hear a click inside the Bartók every time I press the remote’s Mute).

UPDATE 2: after another shutdown through the front panel Power button, Mute now sometimes works, sometimes not. When not, the last played song title shortly appears, written through the displayed word NETWORK.

Okay, thanks for testing this @Ermos - much appreciated. There was a change implemented in Mosaic 1.1.1 which impacts the mute button, and on Bartók Headphone DAC the filter button.

Now, if the mute button is held for around 250ms, a quarter of a second, the unit will reset its USB interface. This is aimed at users who connect to a Mac via USB and were finding that the USB class was changing every time the Mac went to sleep.

On a Bartók Headphone DAC, the same hold on the mute button will toggle crossfeed.

Sounds like the issue being experienced is from the mute button being held down for more than 250ms when toggling, and the behaviour you reported with the display seems to mirror this. While this didn’t come up as an issue in testing, if 250ms turns out to be problematic I am sure it is something we can get adjusted.

Sorry, but a hold on the mute button does not toggle crossfeed on my Bartók HDAC, however a hold on the filter button does.

is a quick press both on the remote and front panel

anyway, merry christmas to all

i can hear the click sound too once the mute button on the remote/on the front panel

Is there a way to trigger that USB reset for Mac owners on the Rossini Player?

Hi James,

So will there be a fix for the mute from the remote to work? As others have indicated, pressing the button on the remote makes the DAC make a click that seems like it did something but the red mute icon doesn’t show up. The front panel button does, for me, work to mute. This is on a Barton w/ headphone.

Thanks!

Hi all,

A note on our next steps following the Mosaic 1.1.1 release. We appreciate that some of our users are not as delighted with the latest version of Mosaic as we had hoped, and are truly sorry for those inconvenienced by some of the unintended side effects that have popped up. I think it is worth explaining the long incubation period of this release; not only has the COVID-19 pandemic forced our design teams to be dispersed throughout the year, but there have been quite major changes required on the back end to continue supporting the streaming services currently supported by Mosaic (which is for example why you had you re-enter your TIDAL credentials after the update).

Additionally, the extra features (most notably Expanse) we have added have required substantial research, development, listening and testing – remember that Expanse works at all sample rates and formats without compromise. In our haste to provide these features in time for Christmas, unfortunately we couldn’t roll in all the features and fixes that we wanted to (we are only human!).

On a positive note, we now have put in all that effort, so we can now concentrate on a much quicker release of the next version of Mosaic. I should note that it will be a fix based update not a feature based update, aiming to get the features currently available working as they should be. Thank you for your patience and feedback on the release, and watch this space!

7 Likes

Not currently, but it will be added to Rossini in an upcoming release.

Yes, this will be fixed in an upcoming release.

1 Like

Many thanks and happy new year!

Thanks for the update James.It is very much appreciated and I hope that this will help dispel some of the concerns that many have had over the current release.

I am sure that all of us out here appreciate the difficulties that 2020 brought. 2021 isn’t getting off to a better start as it seems that at 8:00 this evening the PM will be placing England into a more stringent lockdown. Let’s hope that this does not interfere too much with dCS’ above plans.

2 Likes

James,
Thanks to you and the rest of the DCS team for your continued efforts.
Being able to listen to fantastic sounding music during these crazy times has been a blessing!

4 Likes