USB driver disabled on Bartok firmware upgrade

Hi. Recently bought a Bartok Dac from HiFiLounge uk - loving it! I had recently been trying out files on a USB drive - does sound slightly different to Network (think I prefer it!). Anyway, noticed last night that there was a Firmware upgrade for Network Board, specifically 509 to 510. Did the upgrade and now I can no longer use my USB drive - just says ‘Nothing found’. Tried a couple of other drives but no luck. Anyone else had this issue? Any known workarounds. Really want this back as music sounds more immediate via USB compared to Network.

1 Like

Hi Kevin,

We’ve not disabled that functionality so what sort of drive are you using?

Are you able to try some files on a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive of 32GB or less…?

Best regards

Phil Harris

1 Like

It’s a 64gb drive but must have been formatted properly as it worked perfectly with the Bartok before I upgraded to 510 ie nothing else has changed. Tried reloading mosaic and Bartok iPad apps as well as restarting the unit a couple of times - no luck I’m afraid

1 Like

Hi Kevin,

USB drives (whether flash or SSD or HDD) can always become corrupted so it would be really good to try a different 32GB or less drive, formatted as FAT32, with a few files on it as a test.

Also be aware that the Bartok app is no longer supported (and has not been for at least four years) so should be deleted as it is not tested to be used with any of the last for years worth of firmware updates - only Mosaic is supported by dCS going forwards.

Best regards

Phil Harris

1 Like

Thanks Phil. I’ve just loaded the same files onto 3 different FAT 32 formatted usb sticks, one of which I wiped and reformatted. Same issue - Bartok cannot read the stick and just says ‘Nothing found’
Is there any easy way to go back to the 509 Firmware as upgrading that has clearly caused the problem in my case. Kevin

Hi Phil. I think I may have a dodgy connection - its just sprung into life when I pushed the usb stick in a little bit more firmly. Repeated successfully with a 2nd stick. I’m going to send it in for an Apex upgrade in the coming months so I’ll ask dcs to have a look at the usb port then. Many thanks for your helpful and prompt replies. Regards. Kevin

1 Like

Hi Phil. Further update - lost usb again :roll_eyes:. Got it back by doing a restart - Mosaic searches for Bartok for a few mins and then reconnects to usb content. Odd.

1 Like

Hi Kevin,

That is really odd as the latest 510 network firmware update for the Bartok doesn’t actually change anything on the Bartok - it’s a functionality update for the Lina DAC to add volume control and filter setting memory - whereas for the Bartok it’s just a version number update to keep everything in step …

Phil

1 Like

Hi Kevin,

Apart from the network firmware update, did you also update the Mosaic app itself? Through Apple or Google App Store?

1 Like

Phil - seems stable overnight. Only when I remove and reinsert usb stick does it have issues. A restart solves the problem - I can work with that as I won’t be plugging/unplugging usb sticks all the time.

I guess the IT mantra of ‘have you tried switching it off and on again’ does actually hold true :grinning:

K

Thanks for this. Yes I tried this but the problem seems elsewhere. Got a decent workaround now.

K

2 Likes