Showing (off) your dCS setup - description and photos

Jon, how/where’d you manage to get London Grammar in 24/96?? (I’m a big Hannah Reid fan :grin:)

1 Like

I do not use Mosaic, and still have the problem of Bartok switching itself on. But let us not pollute this topic and report this problem here:

1 Like

I’ve seen some albums on Qobuz and on HDTracks in 44/24, but nothing that high.

1 Like

The GF was gonna make me wait until Christmas to unwrap my new Vivaldi clock, but I talked her outta that…

First impressions—I am never gonna have to crawl behind my stereo rack again-nothing left to improve. Um, don’t hold me to that…

Life is good.

13 Likes

Blacktastic!

Bloody fantastic David! :+1:

Congrats. I assure you your quest is not yet done, Grasshopper.

![image(upload://nJKxyLWBPo5UMPQ4jwVoGkxufc9.jpeg)

7 Likes

Yum!

Are those speakers 0/93s?

Sorely tempted to try some DeVores.

8 Likes

How do you like your 2 headphone amps? And which headphones are you using?

Greg,

I had to send my D’Agostino Momentum HD preamp away for a repair, and Fed Ex lost it for about a week. After it got to D’Agostino they turned it around in a day, and sent it back to me - that Fed Ex journey wasn’t very smooth either. I called D’Agostino to thank them, and the subject of my M300 monos came up. For a fee (big gulp), they will upgrade to M400s, and buy me dinner if I drive them out to AZ. So maybe I’m not done yet.

Slainte,

Mitch

3 Likes

Very nice! :+1:

We’re all crack addicts in this place. :wink:

2 Likes

They look like they might be Audionote AN/E’s

No. The speakers are Audio Note AN/E’s

I am pairing the rossini with Focal Utopia and the Luxman P750u most of the time.

1 Like

Gavin, I too am pairing the Utopia with the Luxman P750u and Rossini DAC. Fantastic combo for sure. Do you notice much of a difference when using the clock during your headphone listening? Thanks

2 Likes

In many forms. One of my goals is to get the right combination of guitar and stereo to play along, in the band. I can manage that now.

3 Likes

Hello everyone and greetings from France.

Here is my setup : dCS Vivaldi 2 Drive + Dac => Spectral DMC 20 II => 2 x Spectral DMA 360 II => Duntech Sovereign PCL 2001.

Cables are MIT, except from the digital section between Drive and Dac. The DAC is 5 days old, I use the “factory” cables, and I need to work on it. If you have any suggestion, I’ll be happy to read them. Nordost ? Transparent Cable ? Others ? I have read so many different informations on the internet about DCS systems and Cables ><

The next big step will be the Spectral Preamp, I want to try the new DMC30 SV II and compare with my old but excellent DMC 20 II. Very difficult because in France, there is no Spectal Audio dealers…

Another point will be the DCS Clock.

Thank you,

13 Likes