Showing (off) your dCS setup - description and photos

Thank you Mike for the reassurance. You are correct, every streamer/network device can, and does have issues. I have had first hand knowledge of that with another make, which is why I was a tad concerned.

At the moment I have a dCS Network Bridge on loan, until my Bartók arrives. The Bridge works flawlessly with my Roon Nucleus, and the Mosaic app is rock solid.

Funnily enough, I did look at the PSAudio. But thanks to you lot on here, :smiley: and the loan of the Bridge, convinced me that the Bartók was the way to go! :+1:

Regards

David

There are a number of folks here with experience with the PS Audio DirectStream DAC. I am one. To me, it is an amazing value for its capabilities. And I like PSA’s approach to high fidelity. And I really like Ted Smith. When it came time to move up from the DS, Bartok is what I first auditioned. Vivaldi is what I bought.

Yes, Ted Smith is amazing - a very rare and special person who is clearly a genius at what he does but is able (and takes the time) to explain it to mere mortals like me without any b******t or hint of arrogance.

2 Likes

The Bartok only switches itself back on when you turn it off and the Mosaic app has also lost connectivity. When the Mosaic app regains connectivity, it turns the Bartok back on again. Solution is to close the app and turn off the Bartok as well. Or make sure the App hasnt lost connectivity when you shut down the Bartok.

At least this is what i have noticed with mine.

I have one album (24/96 i think) that just takes forever tos tart playing and doesn’t like you changing tracks. Its has like 1minute+ lag. This is London Grammar’s latest album on high res.

No other album i own does this.

1 Like

Jon, how/where’d you manage to get London Grammar in 24/96?? (I’m a big Hannah Reid fan :grin:)

1 Like

I do not use Mosaic, and still have the problem of Bartok switching itself on. But let us not pollute this topic and report this problem here:

1 Like

I’ve seen some albums on Qobuz and on HDTracks in 44/24, but nothing that high.

1 Like

The GF was gonna make me wait until Christmas to unwrap my new Vivaldi clock, but I talked her outta that…

First impressions—I am never gonna have to crawl behind my stereo rack again-nothing left to improve. Um, don’t hold me to that…

Life is good.

13 Likes

Blacktastic!

Bloody fantastic David! :+1:

Congrats. I assure you your quest is not yet done, Grasshopper.

![image(upload://nJKxyLWBPo5UMPQ4jwVoGkxufc9.jpeg)

7 Likes

Yum!

Are those speakers 0/93s?

Sorely tempted to try some DeVores.

8 Likes

How do you like your 2 headphone amps? And which headphones are you using?

Greg,

I had to send my D’Agostino Momentum HD preamp away for a repair, and Fed Ex lost it for about a week. After it got to D’Agostino they turned it around in a day, and sent it back to me - that Fed Ex journey wasn’t very smooth either. I called D’Agostino to thank them, and the subject of my M300 monos came up. For a fee (big gulp), they will upgrade to M400s, and buy me dinner if I drive them out to AZ. So maybe I’m not done yet.

Slainte,

Mitch

3 Likes

Very nice! :+1:

We’re all crack addicts in this place. :wink:

2 Likes

They look like they might be Audionote AN/E’s

No. The speakers are Audio Note AN/E’s