Showing (off) your dCS setup - description and photos

Yes Sourav, a Rossini Apex DAC and Vivaldi Clock. Delivered earlier this year. I’m enjoying the music very much. And that’s what it’s all about…

2 Likes

It’s a fantastic pairing, and I find it hard to shut up about how much better the Vivaldi Clock is than the Rossini Clock. I had another recent compare before I sold my surplus Rossini Clock to a friend.

It should be, of course. It’s not a small difference in price.

Keep your eyes peeled for a black Vivaldi Clock when you’re over the OUCH of the Apex DAC and Transport purchase, Sourav :yum::+1:

8 Likes

Great I have the same except it’s a dac/cd player. Now next step for you would be a master clock 10mhz :wink:

What is that, exactly? An additional external clock? Who manufactures them?

It is what you will buy when you really don’t know what to buy anymore…and hopefully you have a very special hearing skills, like a dog for example :laughing:

Well, I guess you expected more serious answer…don’t worry they will come soon…may be some references to earlier threads, Because this matter is heavily discussed on this forum.

2 Likes

@Andyblain Here it is :wink:

2 Likes

Reading last answer I will only say look to Cybershaft, Mutech, perf10. Sorry I cannot develop, to avoid to close this topic.

2 Likes

This system is greatly downsized from my previous multi-box NAIM system. I think if I brought any more hifi boxes into the house, I would get divorced!!

chortle …mine was 23 “black boxes” at one point. :rofl:

…and yes, I was single, how did you guess?

6 Likes

It is a nice way to fuel the clock discussion but it is not the right thread here, it would be nice if we keep the current thread to show and watch hifi set up of the forum members…

Why not creating a thread like : Internal vs External clocking ?

4 Likes

good idea Chris. I’d that now.

Yes, @sourav Rossini Apex with the Vivaldi clock. I love it - streets ahead of my previous NAIM ND555/555PSDR streamer.

2 Likes

Huum. Great to know that.

I got a Naim NDX-2 2 yrs back and was very happy with it especially with its flexibility and versatility with streaming sources.

But when I was thinking of upgrading I was wondering whether to spend ~ $30k+ USD on ND555 or directly move to a brand which is more focused on digital music than doing everything. Hence MSB and dCS were my choices. And took finally call for dCS.

Regards,
Sourav

After a long period without a quality front-end, I’m pleased to share that I am again a dCS owner! My very simple system is now:

AudioQuest Niagara 3000
Roon Nucleus–>Ethernet
dCS Rossini–>Ethernet
dCS Rossini–>Jadis DA88S
Jadis DA88S–>Sonus Faber Guarneri Homage
SF GH–> : )

I greatly appreciate all that I have learned through this forum!

2 Likes

Replaced ARC with Gryphon electronics and cabling is now all Transparent Audio (XL and Opus on speakers and IC preamp to amps). Now waiting for the Mutec master clock.

10 Likes

Congrats Franco!

Those Gryphon Essence mono blocks are also on my list.

3 Likes

Thanks Erno. I love them and I also recommend the Pandora. Try and audition them if you can.

1 Like

I’m going to the Gryphon importer/dealer in a couple of weeks for a ‘Gryphon Open day special’. Yes a pair of Essence monoblocs would be top of my future list I’m thinking of a marriage made in heaven when combined with my current Rossini/Clock and Martin Logan Electrostatics.

2 Likes

Good stuff Brian. I love them. What preamp are you planning to use? If I were you, I would avoid getting directly into the Rossini.