Leadtimes for Rossini

Hopefully you’re still holding on to your Bartok in the meantime @Ermos! :grinning:

1 Like

Now that you mention this @Frankie67 , holding on to my Bartók… My dealer also told me he has already sold my trade-in Bartók, and the new owner is in a hurry, so he asked me if I would be willing to part from my Bartok already next week. You can guess what my answer was.

2 Likes

Not nice from him… don’t do that of course!

1 Like

Indeed, I will keep it until my Rossini is in the house.

1 Like

My dealer told me today that some UK based audio companies struggle to deliver…, a well known audio company with PRaT up to 6 months delivering time for streamer…

My answer would have been “LOL!”

How do dealers handle payments in these upgrade chains?

Have you paid a deposit on the Rossini only, or the full price?
Did the person buying your Bartok pay a deposit, or the full price?

The dealer has a real cheek if each of you has paid full price already. Neither of you has received what you’ve paid for.

To be clear — I feel for each of the parties here:

• dCS not being able to make DACs at the rate they’d like
  • Erno not having a shiny new Rossini…and being disappointed on the day is just a shocker
  • the other person not having Erno’s lovely black Bartok…they were probably also expecting it this week
  • the dealer, who’s unlikely to be a big retailer with oodles of margin to spare being caught in the middle of it all

Hope it resolves nicely for everyone soon.

2 Likes

Thanks Ben,

No deposit, just a trade in and a leadtime deal. And no real shocker, I am hardened over the last years, when just every leadtime has been doubled, also pre Covid. When I ordered Bartók early October 2018 I was quoted a delivery mid November 2018. It finally arrived end of February 2019. New Simaudio amp, 2 months became 4, etc.

Ben , you are missing out a major player; the local distributor. dCS deliver to him, not the retailer. He also has a big influence over the price ( and price adjustments) in the territory concerned.

2 Likes

Pete, you are right!

You’re right of course, Pete. Crap for the distributor too.

Chains seldom make for fun times. Each of the parties we’re talking about will have a hard time doing any better than the information they’re given.

dCS > distributor > dealer > Erno/Other person

The best we can all do is communicate clearly and honestly. I hope everyone got that from their neighbouring links in the chain.

Maybe a good idea when it comes to delivery times, in what color did someone order the Rossini? A friend of mine happened to make the same deal, at the same time, but with a silver one, and it was in stock at the distributor. I don’t think anyone pressured you to order. I see it as a warning from the dealer to the customer, beware, it gets more expensive. That’s how it was with my friend. He has paid in advance and wants to collect it at the end of July. I have worked as a salesman in a hi-fi shop for 20 years and have often experienced this when a customer has already sold his trade-in. There were several customers who liked to experience how another device sounded in their set, so I don’t think it’s a strange question from the store.

Peter is correct. It depends on the distributor and ultimately on the supplier dCS.

I did get my Rossini in nine weeks after an eight week lead time estimate. So that’s not too bad in the current conditions. I have just ordered a replacement pre-amp from my favourite UK amplifier manufacturer and it is 20 weeks - at least it gives time to partially recover financially!!!

1 Like

I was initially quoted a 4 week delivery time. That turned into 9 weeks for actual delivery. On delivery my dealer admitted that he did not ask for a deposit because he suspected the delivery estimate surely would not be met. My trade-in was not mentioned again after order date until time of delivery.

1 Like

This afternoon my new Rossini DAC has arrived! Exactly 9 weeks after ordering it.

It is playing for an hour now, working right out of the box. Happy!

3 Likes

Reading the happy new owners of Rossini, it seems that we made a mistake by buying Bartok))

2 Likes

Great stuff Erno. Let me know how you like it. Btw I’m going to get my Rossini Transport + Rossini dac in September! Have fun! Franco

2 Likes

Franco, did you manage to get your order in before the price increase?

1 Like

No. I don’t think so Peter :frowning:

Thank you Franco, I am having great fun! As you will no doubt have in September with your 2 new Rossini’s.

2 Likes