Leadtimes for Rossini

That is the case with most preamps. Switch preamp on before power amps and power amps off before preamp.

It is actually very good as SS internal phonostages are concerned and will compare well to many outboard models . However it is very confusing to adjust for different cartridge output levels and loading requirements. Jumpers need to be fitted or moved around the circuit board using miniature fine nosed pliers or tweezers whilst paying close attention to the instruction manual. A total PITA.

Incidentally I much prefer using MC cartridges into step up transformers compared to high gain headamps and tubes over solid state.

1 Like

My unit was already with the dealer also(Shipping was fast to what i expect 7 days UK to my country, so about 9 weeks lead time for my case), he will personally deliver it to me tommorow, so excited :star_struck:

Yes! I looked at the manual once and changed my mind to invite my friend with his turntable for tests. I definitely need to do this somehow :smiley:

I have Debussy with Rossini clock and when I connect my DAC directly to my Karan Acoustic amplifier, I feel the same too but when I insert Silvercore Preamp 324 in between, everything turns to balanced and engaging.

I have found direct connection to be very clean, powerful, something like music with steroid.

1 Like

Tomorrow there will be the delivery of my Rossini DAC. I will make some comparison and then decide which way to follow.
The output impedance of the DAC is very low and the electrical matching should be perfect with my ATCs.

1 Like

Just do not make quick conclusions, listen to one variant for a longer time, then the other. I would spend at least a month on such a comparison, without fuss))

Amp-packs have a high input gain, which means you may need to use high digital attenuation or go to lower DAC’s gains.
What size of the room do you have now? And what volume level do you usually use on SCA2 preamp?

By the way, recently I had LINN Klimax DSM Katalyst on the test, for 2 weeks I had the opportunity to listen to it in different combinations. There, too, a very good digital level control is declared. If I’m not mistaken, LINN has given up on the production of external analogue preamps altogether. Yes, it is quite good, but I still would not give up my SCA2 preamp if I had to choose.

1 Like

Absolutely, I will take all the necessary time. My room size is approximately 40 m2 and I usually listen with volume knob (SCA2) at around h 09:00.
I am really open and curious at the same time to experiment something new, no matter what the final choice will be.

1 Like

Wow, my volume knob is about the same, around h 8-10:00, but in 18 m2 :roll_eyes:
I use 2v gain on Bartok

1 Like

Today I have ordered my Rossini DAC, replacing my Bartók HDAC, joining my Rossini clock.

My dealer told me the leadtime is 6 to 8 weeks. He also told me dCS will announce a price hike from 1st July, 5 - 7% up.

3 Likes

I am sure that the increase in price of raw aluminium post-Brexit which contributed to the demise of Network Bridge also plays a part in that increase. As may Brexit itself despite the provisions of the Trade and Cooperation Agreement which came into force earlier this month.

Congrats, enjoy it in good health!

1 Like

He also told me dCS will announce a price hike from 1st July, 5 - 7% up.

Ouch, so glad I have mine!!

1 Like

Now I have to see if my dealer was honest, or just pushing :thinking:

He already sold my trading-in Bartók, which is still in my rig, so he is happy.

Still waiting from my Rossini clock after 6 weeks (the original delivery time given).
Dealer says it will be at least another 6 weeks. dCS are having a 3 week shut-down due to building work at the plant, so expect delays on all products people.

Oh great :worried:

Today my dealer contacted me to announce a 4 weeks delay in delivery of my new Rossini. It should have been here today.

1 Like

Hi Erno, that’s similar to my experience a couple of months ago. I can (reluctantly) accept delays as long as they are communicated in a timely fashion - when you’re told of a 4 week delay on the day you’re expecting delivery, it’s very disappointing and suggests something is wrong either in DCS or dealer processes.

But still worth the wait….

1 Like

I can imagine how frustrating the news is for Erno. However delays seem to be the norm for so many manufactured goods right now due , at least in part, to the outfall from the pandemic. Some unexpected products have become virtually unobtainable like garden furniture ( most made in China with few available container ships to bring them to the West). This has caused a boom in the UK in theft from gardens!

Of course for us in Britain there are also unexpected effects from Brexit to contend with in regard to component and raw material supply.

1 Like

I agree but I think the issue here is less the delay itself and more the fact that Erno was advised on the day it was due. This is what leads to frustration. IMO.

Cheers, Mike.

1 Like

Indeed Mike, it is very disappointing, and hard to accept. First of all, I was pushed to rush my decision to order my Rossini, because of an announced dCS price hike from today. So far I do not see a change in the official price lists. Secondly, the new delivery date that was announced to me today is on a Sunday… not very likely to happen. It sounds like another week waiting will be added.

1 Like