Folk & Acoustic Music

One of my favourite male singer songwriters, track from Peirs Faccini’s album Tearing Sky

highly recommend his latest one too Shapes of the Fall
Mac

1 Like

The Buried Storm
Darkher

Doom Folk
Jayn Maiven took six years to return since her debut ‘Realms’. Her voice and delivery could be those of a powerful elfin standing behind her microphone in a fog laden pine forest. Her co-musicians only add to the spectral atmosphere. The songs build slowly, absent of hooks. Still… With repeated listens there is an unexpectedness to the compositions. Akin to the suspense in a movie where the audience doesn’t know what’s lurking behind the corner at the end of the dark alleyway. There’s no comfort here. And yet the listening experience is enthralling.

Likeing that, thanks for sharing
Mac

1 Like

Never heard of Piers Faccini before. Thanks, you made my day!!

1 Like

Excellent, love it when someone else finds new music from my recommendations.
If you like Piers, it might be worth looking up Scott Matthews too

Mac

Antje Duvekot, one of my favourite American Folk singer songwriters, track from her wonderful album Towards the Thunder

Mac

Really nice Spotify suggestion came up this morning, Woven Kin, here’s the title track of their album

Mac

Kevin Morby off his album Singing Saw

Mac

1 Like

That entire Kevin Morby album is fantastic.

1 Like

Really like his album Sundowner too.
Mac

Really liking the new Joan Shelley album The Spur

Mac

Any fans of Laura Veirs here? Here’s her new album Found Light, quite enjoying it

Mac

2 Likes

Gone a little quiet on this thread!
Track from The Fretless off their newish album, out last October, Open House

Mac

1 Like

Great track, thanks.

Glad you like it, it’s a really good album, there is an instrumental version too for those who like that kind of thing.
Mac

1 Like

Title track from N. Carolina duo Chatham Rabbits new album

Mac

1 Like

Good stuff.

Love this single from Bill Callahan feat David Grubs
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=youtube+bill+callahan+night+of+santiago&source=hp&ei=baHvYrOFN8yU8gLJzLaoBA&iflsig=AJiK0e8AAAAAYu-vfSbomXKootLl5vcrQqLXUrrA46xC&ved=0ahUKEwjz79zHz7T5AhVMilwKHUmmDUUQ4dUDCAg&uact=5&oq=youtube+bill+callahan+night+of+santiago&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBQghEKABOhEILhCABBCxAxCDARDHARDRAzoLCAAQgAQQsQMQgwE6CwguEIAEELEDENQCOggILhCxAxCDAToRCC4QgAQQsQMQgwEQxwEQrwE6CAgAEIAEELEDOgsILhCABBCxAxCDAToECAAQAzoFCAAQgAQ6BggAEB4QFjoFCAAQhgM6CAghEB4QFhAdOgcIIRCgARAKUABY4mNgrHhoAHAAeASAAY0KiAGHigGSAQ8wLjIuMS41LjMuNS45LjOYAQCgAQE&sclient=gws-wiz
Mac

1 Like

Track from Anna Tivel, from her excellent album The Question… pity about her new one, sadly following the dollar, too commercial

Here’s another from her album Heroes Waking Up

Mac

1 Like

Track from a great new young Folk artist from Warwick, Ellie Gowers, from her debut album Dwelling by the Weir

Mac

1 Like