Folk & Acoustic Music

Really liking Lily Kershaw, thanks for sharing, think it’s a buyer for me.
Mac

Lovely new release on the British Folk scene Iona Lane, track from her album Hallival

Mac

1 Like

Very nice.

Track from self titled album by Sam Amidon

Mac

1 Like

Track from Irish singer songwriter Pauline Scanlon, taken from her album Hush

Mac

1 Like

Seriously under rated singer songwriter David Francey, track from his last album The Broken Heart of Everything

Mac

2 Likes

Good stuff, thanks.

Thanks for your various recommendations. As a result, I have bought these albums;

I also bought Olivia Chaney’s first album, The Longest River.

“Keep 'em coming” please!

I enjoyed this album too, so need to listen to it again before deciding whether or not it’s a ‘buyer’…

1 Like

Hi all, happy Easter!
Just doing some housekeeping on my blog and was reminded of these guys, from their album Hunter and the Hunted and they have a new album out in May

Mac

1 Like

Nice thread.

A funky acoustic, folk, blues delight

3 Likes

Track by a new artist Ceitidh Mac, only singles out at the moment, can’t wait for an album

1 Like

A ninety-five year old nun playing her own musical compositions on an acoustic piano. Acoustic, folk, blues, jazz, and more all rolled together. Roon uses eleven categories. Eleven categories don’t capture the magical beauty and complexity of the music. In a NYTimes article, Norah Jones describes this album as one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever heard.

1 Like

afbeelding
Can’t be missed here. The Live album “Amsterdam” is also recommended.

2 Likes

Unfortunately can’t find on Spotify to try.
Mac

For anyone who may like a bit of Folkatronica… Jane Dent has a gorgeous voice

Mac

Unfortunately, Luka Bloom isn’t into streaming. I ordered a CD before because it can’t be streamed either and coincidentally ordered a new live album today…blind, I can’t listen to it anywhere but Luka has never disappointed me. Saw him live 6 times already.

I did actually manage to find him on Spotify, not sure what I was doing wrong before… I didn’t realise till the other day that he is the Brother of Christy Moore!
Been listening to Sam Lee this evening, here’s my favourite track from his album The Fade in Time

Mac

A Very Lonely Solstice
Fleet Foxes

Indie Folk
Fleet Foxes debuted with their eponymous album in 2008 to critical acclaim. They already have two Grammy nominations under their belt. Here, Robin Pecknold performs solo on guitar in the St. Ann & the Holy Trinity Church in Brooklyn. You know someone is beyond talented if he can wring so much music, delicate groove and emotion out of just a voice and an acoustic guitar. Goosebumps…

If you are interested in a sunny, polished and still long-lived album of theirs, go for ‘Shore’.

3 Likes

Really like both albums, thanks for sharing
Mac

1 Like