Folk & Acoustic Music

Something to celebrate St. Patrick’s day from Dervish from their album The Great Irish Songbook

Mac

1 Like

Shelter, title track from contemporary Folk singer/songwriter Olivia chaney

Mac

1 Like

Lovely, thanks.

1 Like

This album was posted by @PaleRider in the ‘What’s spinning’ thread.

As Greg says, the RQ/SQ is excellent and, whilst there are some covers (which some may enjoy), I found the original compositions interesting, and the album enjoyable overall.

Here is ‘Crazy Love’;

Edit: here’s the Sound Liaison link;

1 Like

Quite nice, but wouldn’t be a buyer for me.
If you like covers, I have done a whole series here; wwww.mixcloud.com/maccar they come under the title of Covered in Folk.
Mac

1 Like

Concerto Caledonia… Classical meets Folk on the album Revenge of the Folksingers, really nice

Mac

1 Like

Stretching the genre boundaries, yet again…

1 Like

She has an extraordinary voice, a big fan of Melanie Gardot too.
Mac

1 Like

Chloe Foy, comes under Alternative Folk, lovely voice, track from her debut album Where Shall We Begin

Mac

1 Like

I enjoyed that, thanks.

I’ve just listened to the entire album, which I think is excellent, especially as it’s her debut.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Excellent! it really grew on me the further it went on… lovely voice.
Mac

1 Like

Gorgeous British Psych Folk from a band called The Order of the 12, no youtube, but available on Spotify etc and Bandcamp

Mac

1 Like

Great stuff!

Really enjoying the music of Cologne based duo Stereo Naked… broadly classed as Americana, but they’re so much more

Mac

1 Like

Enjoyable, thanks.

New album release today by Aldous Harding, called ‘Warm Chris’.

Loved Aldous Harding’s first album and liked the second release enough to buy, but really haven’t got into her last and not sure I like this one any better.
Mac

This is stunning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E-kgU5X5Gk
it is on an album, but slightly different arrangement
Mac

1 Like

Lily Kershaw - Arcadia
A1RQH64P9QL.AC_UY436_QL65

2 Likes