Folk & Acoustic Music

Recently discovered American Folk songer/songwriter Tim Grimm… for fans of John Prine, Richard Shindell etc
track from his album The Turning Point

Mac

1 Like

It’s good to see that you’re posting again.
It’s been a while…

1 Like

Yes, sorry, got out of the habit and wasn’t sure how popular it was.
Btw, just saw your post about upgrading the Wilsons, must be magical.
Mac

1 Like

No problem.

I certainly enjoyed your recommendations, as a result of which I’ve discovered many artists and have grown my collection of folk/acoustic music accordingly…

Yup, the Alexia V’s are indeed magical!

Title track from Irish singer/songwriter Bernadette Morris new album

Mac

1 Like

Canadian born, Portugueseraised artist Nico Paulo, track from her debut self titled album

Mac

2 Likes

Track from the stunning collaboration The Spell Songs second album Let the Light in

Mac

1 Like

Martha Tilston, one of my favourite British Folk artists, track from her album Lucy and the Wolves

Mac

1 Like

Thanks, that’s a lovely track.

She’s an unknown artist to me. I’ll look into her discography.

Track from the new album, Multitudes, by Feist

1 Like

Alt/Roots band Moriarty, track from their album Fugitives

Mac

1 Like

Apologies for neglecting this thread for so long, hope are all keeping well.
Very good album released today by guitarists Martin Simpson & Thomm Jutz calledNothing But Green Willow The songs of Mary Sands and Jane Gentry, features guest vocals from both British and American Folk artists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al886MLP3d8
Mac

1 Like

It’s good to have you back @Macspur !

Thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like

Track from lovely Icelandic artist Arny Margret from her album They Only Talk About the Weather

Mac

Track from Angeline Morrison, bit of a pioneer here in the UK… a black Folk singer/songwriter, song is from her album The Sorrow Songs, Folk Songs of Black British Experiences

Mac

1 Like

Track from Irish Bluegrass outfit Cup O Joe, off their latest album Why Live Without

Mac

1 Like

Apologies for cross-posting but just want to flag Where is There by Myriam Alter, as mentioned in my post in October’s “What’s Spinning”.

Instrumental, and more jazz-y than folk-y, but arguably folk-influenced and certainly acoustic. Eclectic and a bit haunting, but incredibly beautiful.

2 Likes

For those who may be into alternative Folk, half Scottish half Burmese artist Fiona Soe-Paing from her album Sand Silt Flint

Mac

1 Like

A belated happy and healthy new year to you all. See below my favourite top 20 albums of 2023

3 Likes

Great new album by John Doyle and Harmonica player Joel Andersson New Ground

Mac

2 Likes