Expanse for Rossini and Vivaldi

Dear dCS Team, could you please add Expanse to the firmware of Rossini and Vivaldi?

Seems that many dCS owners would benefit from this feature. I am hoping it would not be too hard to implement.

I listen to headphones most of the time (Abyss 1266 TC and Susvara) and it would be fantastic to be able to use Expanse.

4 Likes

Can i also add the non headphone Bartók to this request. Thank-you :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Same here, using dCS Rossini apex upgraded for my source of headphone setup. Really want to try out these features.

2 Likes

Lina headamp coming, count me in for Expanse for Rossini.

2 Likes

I think adding Expanse for Rossini and Vivaldi makes even more sense now that dCS is moving strongly into the headphone space and sells a dedicated headphone amp.

2 Likes

Another vote to get Expanse onto the Rossini DAC. Thanks.

3 Likes

I expressed this wish when I bought my Bartok (now traded in for a Rossini APEX). I hope dCS can make this happen.

1 Like

I too would love to have Expanse on my Rossini!

3 Likes

Same here, Expanse would be nice (if at all possible).

2 Likes

Needless to say It would be great :slight_smile: If anyone from dCS is actually reading this (the silence is deafening)

2 Likes

Also adding my name to this list … would upgrade from Bartok to Rossini APEX once this is added.

2 Likes

Me eleven.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback all – as you know, I can’t comment on our product roadmap but know that this has been fed back to the product team :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Another vote for this upgrade. High end headphones enthusiasts community is now pretty large (and quickly growing).
Although I acknowledge that dCS has already covered a big chunk of this prospect customer base with Bartok and Lina, an upgrade (upsell) path to higher echelon dCS DACs would be very appreciated.
I, for one, would seriously consider a Rossini Apex if it had the Expanse feature implemented.

3 Likes

I was dead set on getting the Lina because of Expanse. I loved it when I auditioned the stack, but I felt it was a bit hit or miss. I also use my Dave’s Crossfeed (btw, I think I bought some dc-blocks from you earlier this year :stuck_out_tongue: ). In the last second I got a Rossini instead of the Lina. The main reason is I was sure Expanse would not make up for the gap in performance. The second is, I ordered the Zaehl HM1, and the stereo base adjustment feature, which is apparently crazy good, wouldn’t work with any crossfeed implementation anyway. Food for thought.

4 Likes

Please keep us posted on your experience of the Zaehl HM1 once you receive it, I have one on order as well.

1 Like

Will do Andre. it’s not until March unfortunately but some people on headphones.com got it and first impressions are at least as good as the initial ones. I’m sure we won’t be disappointed.

2 Likes

Introducing Rossini 2.1 - Expanse - News - dCS Community

1 Like

I am now hoping that an equivalent will be released for Vivaldi.

1 Like

how long does it take to upgrade?