Dual voltage dacs?

Hi

I’m wondering if DCS dacs are dual voltage and can be used in both the UK and the the usa? Thanks

1 Like

The internal voltage setting can be changed by an authorized dealer or distributor:

Edit: BTW, they are not just dual voltage. They can be set to 100 - 115 - 215 - 230 Volts. See upper left corner, in this case of the discontinued dCS Network Bridge.

2 Likes

Me too…! I’m taking my DCS Rossini Player and Clock and ARC Amp and Pre-Amp to the UK… Manchester… I’m bringing all that gear to KJ WEST in London as soon as it all arrives in the UK from Miami…

2 Likes

Although KJ West One are great why are you taking the gear to them for modification if you are going to Manchester? It’s 200 miles away and there is a dCS authorised agent for that region. You can check with Absolute Sounds who are the UK distributor but I think it may be Doug Brady HiFi.

3 Likes

Is there a place closer to Manchester,…?

1 Like

It is as above. There is a n authorised dealer for the North West of England and I think it is Doug Brady HiFi. The nearest of his stores is in Liverpool which is only 30 or so miles away from Manchester city. Just double check with Absolute Sounds the UK distributor before making any arrangements.

3 Likes

As others have stated, most dCS DACs need to be manually adjusted by an authorised service centre (dCS dealer or distributor) before they can be used with mains voltages outside of what the unit was ordered for.

The exception to this is the Lina DAC (the Lina range in general) which automatically switches meaning it can be used on 90-120v & 220-240v with no manual voltage change needed.

6 Likes