dCS threatening GoldenSound

Here is the response by GoldenSound with shocking, factual quotes, what dCS is putting up against him.

Very disappointing that dCS is behaving like this. The measurements by GoldenSound look correct and positive.

Hi @Sweetsounds and welcome to the forum. There are already three threads running about this topic (not including David Stevens’ post which is locked) so really no need to create a fourth.

And…do you own any dCS…or have any interest in dCS…or did you simply join the forum today so you could inform us of your discoveries?

2 Likes

Valid question. I do not own dCS at this point, but my system components are in that price range.
MSB, Lampizator and dCS are on my wishlist. While I find the differences between DACs small, they can change the tonal impression.
Gear like this is a major investment for me, differing opinions are important to know what to listen for.

My concern on audio reviews is their constant appraisal of equipment, rarely one can find a dissatisfaction or criticism. That is why critical reviews are important.

As owner of Magicos I do understand why some people don’t like them.
But exactly their opinions makes me understand, what I like in my system.

We have to make public any pressure of companies on reviewers. It’s OK to point out errors in reviews but sending letters by lawyers like this is not OK.

So I ask you: what company is dCS? Can I trust what I read?

I would suggest you start by reading David Steven’s lengthy and detailed reply pinned at the topic of the forum

2 Likes

removed op

I have never heard a Bartok, but I am happy to say that I have been enjoying dCS products for ~15 years (which, admittedly, is not a lot on this forum)!

I previously watched the GoldenSounds videos on MQA and found them to be accurate and compelling. I also really appreciated how thorough they were. I don’t think people appreciate how difficult it is to make videos of that quality–and I’m not talking about production–I mean that speaking and writing a review of that length and depth requires, IMHO, good logic, a lot of research, a detailed outline, and high intelligence.

It appears that this matter concerns one video produced several years ago. When I watched it at that time, I thought, paraphrasing: “Well hey, someone doesn’t like the Bartok,” and the forgot about it entirely. People have lots of different opinions, and I’m sure some on this forum think my amplifier and speaker choices stink! ; )

Usually when a company threatens action against an individual, it ends up generating more publicity than if they had just let it sit, and moved on.

Hopefully both parties will choose that path here.

5 Likes

Davids reply has been strongly rebuked by the CEO of Headphones who also provided additional evidence that makes Davids response appear VERY disingenuous
Rhys.
edit:
Davids 2nd update must have been published just after i wrote the above.
I appreciate his swift and continued attention in this matter, and it genuinely does seem more in line with what most people understand DCS to be about.
As a previous business owner and employer i applaud both his faith and trust in his employees in the first instance and his swift action on it becoming clear this trust was breached egregiously in this case.

I sincerely hope that DCS reputation is not unduly tarnished now that the full story is exposed

I think you missed the latest update: GoldenSound, headphones.com & dCS: an update

There’s also GoldenSound’s response to that.

2 Likes

Apparently, as reflected in the link that @andrewt helpfully posted, this matter has come to an end.

I’m thankful that no further damage has been done to dCS, GoldenSound, Headphones.com, or this valuable community.

Anyway, moving on and just asking… Anyone have any opinions about cables, audio cables, ethernet cables… ?

; )
R

4 Likes

if everyone could please send me their most expensive cables I will be happy to independently assess them while blindfolded.
I promise to return them once the review period is over

honest

I’m so glad to read dCS’s formal apology and hope the path forward will help foster a more collegial community across many different forums.

I think we need to close out some of these threads with links to two posts

Time to move forward, learn, grow and heal

3 Likes

There are multiple topics all discussing the same subject. I am going to leave the oldest thread open here and lock the others. The locked threads will remain up and visible, but closed for further comments, so any additional discussion should please be kept to the one open topic. Thanks!

2 Likes