Clicks and pops, Puccini Uclock

You should set the MIDI setting to 16 bit 44.1 Khz not 48 Khz and then download and install the Bitperfect program from here: https://apps.apple.com/se/app/bitperfect/id455545700?mt=12 and let the software lock to the clock frequency in the MAC, then the Bitperfect program will communicate with the U-Clock.

You get this pops and clicks because of the DAC and U-Clock does not get the correct word.clock signal.

1 Like

Thanks to all for the help and advice, Iā€™m happy to report my UClock is headed to dCS Service America for modification to MK II version. They were able to source the kit for this from dCS in Great Britain and it should solve my problem. Great support form them both here and in the UKā€“I might eventually move up the dCS line, but the Puccini combo just sounded incredible for me and I am sure it will again.

Slainte,

Mitch

2 Likes

While I am waiting for return of the UClock, Iā€™m spinning SACDs on the Puccini player, through some new equipment and all by itself it is amazing. The path is:

Puccini SACD to Krell Evo 202 thru AQ Water XLR
Krell Evo 202 to Krell Evo 600 monos via Krell CAST (full range)
Krell Evo 600 monos to Revel Salon I, via Stealth custom bi-wire cables (full range)
Krell Evo 202 to Marchand XM46 crossover via Stealth Metacarbon XLR
Marchand XM46 to Red Dragon Class D amps (pair) via Straight wire Virtuoso R XLR (low pass)
Red Dragon Class D amps (pair) to Revel Sub-15 passive subs (pair) via Straightwire Maestro speaker cable

Life is goodā€¦Genesis Duke in SACD is next up on tonites playlist

Slainte,

Mitch