Brand new Rossini DAC crashed

What a teaser! I look forward to reading your post tomorrow.

1 Like

If you’re not going to say that you got a Vivaldi out of them on account of the failure I will feel deflated.

Edit: or a new Rossini with headphone amplification is going to be released and you’re getting he first one.

1 Like

:joy: Not Vivaldi.

But seriously, first I have to see, but world class service within 72 hours.

Hey Siri, remind me to check back in 72 hours

Just 10 hours from now :smiley: After 72 hours of reporting the issue.

Update: this early morning my new, replacement Rossini DAC has been delivered.

This is top notch, excellent and swift service from my dealer, their distributor and dCS themselves. Within 72 hours the problem has been solved, with the replacement being produced, tested, shipped from abroad, and delivered at home. Many thanks to all involved, hats off!

8 Likes

That is great news and gives kudos to all of those involved .

1 Like

Excellent news! That really is first class service.

1 Like

Glad for you, But can’t help feeling a bit let down, you had built it up so well!

To all that say great news on the fast replacement, etc… shouldn’t this be the norm on such an expensive product? Concierge-level service?

1 Like

It should be the norm, but with dCS it is the norm. They delivered. In just 3 days. If this was 5, 7 or 11, no big complaint. But they did what they could do, to the max, and I thank them for that.

Nice. Congrats and enjoy!

1 Like

Pleased for you. Well done dCS

1 Like

Huh… today I learned my new black Rossini will now be delayed by an extra week.

My black Rossini initially was delayed by 4 weeks. Maybe they will give you my refurbished one to speed things up :cowboy_hat_face:

That would be fair — I think you got his :stuck_out_tongue:

:wink: If you look at the difference in the serial numbers of my 2 versions you see that this does not go one by one. In 12 days they are 150 apart.

Correction: after looking it up: in 17 days 206 apart.

That’s a fair few delicious Rossinis. Glad to see that dCS isn’t turning out just a handful of these things :+1:t2:

I’d actually prefer buying a refurbished version at the appropriate price.

Can’t believe they sell 10 of these a day.

Correct. Even if they sold 10 Rossinis a day they couldn’t build that number especially given that they make another 8 products in the current range. They are a very small company and everything is hand built, tested, listened to, inspected ( by staff members who didn’t build it) then signed off and sent for packing and dispatch. This process can take more than a day for a single piece.

dCS product full serial numbers consist of 7 elements no doubt each of particular significance to dCS identifying a different attribute. Us outsiders do not know what they mean. So it cannot be assumed that the final numeric element runs in sequence for a single product i.e. xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx 0000001 may be a Rossini clock, xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx 0000002 may be a VIvaldi DAC. and so on. My Rossini transport is 0054679. I will guarantee that dCS have never built and will never build over 54,000 Rossini transports :smiley:.

2 Likes