As usual, Rossini Player update to 2.10 was a pain

A simple question,
When update it sets as disabled by default?
I don’t use headphones, so for me the simpler, the better.

By the way, updating via web browser (on previous updates) I never had problems, that I had long ago using Mosaic

You mean Expanse? In my case it was, but it wouldn’t hurt to check.

Sorry, yes, I mean Expanse, that I don’t need and I am reluctant to install.

Is this Rossini update just for Rossini or Rossini APEX dac? I have the Rossini APEX. Thanks

1 Like

What differences did you notice with the upgrade? Better sonics or is this a technical upgrade where you notice nothing with the music?

Just the Expanse feature.

Thanks. It says benefit for headphones. I don’t listen to headphones so won’t do the upgrade if that’s all it is. I do 2 channel listening with 2 VAC 452 IQ musicblock’s in mono and a pair of Sonus Faber Aida 2 speakers.

This is a firmware upgrade so it is free. Even if you are not to use Expanse it is worth doing the upgrade as one day you may want to change your Rossini and whoever is interested in buying it may expect Expanse and by then the upgrade may no longer be available.

2 Likes

There might also be corner cases resolved here that do not merit a headline. I would recommend to update.

I suspect that all Rossini updates going forward will include Expanse and I’d imagine that most owners will end up wanting one update or another at some point in the future (even if they don’t use Expanse).

For what it’s worth, this update seems just as stable as the previous firmware releases I’ve seen.

1 Like

After several unsuccessful tries using Mosaic to upgrade, @miguelito 's instructions worked like a breeze. Thanks

4 Likes