What's Spinning January 2021

Ha! There have definitely been times of my life when I would agree with that.

When the right rear suspension assembly came adrift on my way to my driving test.
When all of the electrics caught fire when I was out on a date.
When the front left wheel came completely off while I was driving home from a surf. (I drove over it with the right rear, and the wheel continued down the road without me…)

Still, through it all, I somehow loved those wee things. Perhaps having 13 of them at once was as much a way to know that ONE of them would work at any given time, though, rather than love :stuck_out_tongue:

OK, off to check out Sentimental Reasons now…

1 Like

Well, after I got all the BPM-ing out of my system, I bought all the tracks, and am now downloading them. I also sent them a very polite note suggesting some improvements. Looking forward to listening. I also note their downloads are very fast.

1 Like

Good stuff Greg. Let me know what you think. IMHO quality of recording is outstanding.

Enjoying it now. Excellent SQ. Downloaded the 256, so Roon is downsampling. Will try it at native 256 on the MSB a little later.

1 Like

Roon took me here following Mayo Nakano. Quite the voice. 44/16 FLAC via Qobuz.

1 Like

This Bird Has Flown - Paul Berner Band (soundliaison.com)

2 Likes

Slide by Hara Noda

A little late night piano jazz before bed, beautiful light touch

3 Likes

Will have to queue that up.

1 Like

It’s good. I pulled up his other album as well

1 Like

1 Like

NativeDSD download. Recorded in DSD64. Lovely.

2 Likes

Nightcap, available on Qobuz

I enjoyed my listen to this, but it’s a bit “minor-key-dissonant” for my tastes as a nightcap. Maybe on a rainy afternoon. I’ve seen every Ingmar Bergman film made; I still don’t watch them before bedtime. :wink:

1 Like

You should see the weather here in Switzerland :umbrella: :dizzy_face:
I do seem to like „minor key dissonant“. Thanks for putting a name to this. I never knew what to call it.
:wink:

1 Like

John Nazarenko Trio available on Qobuz.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Qobuz FLAC 44/16. Female vocal jazz. Not going to kick Carmen Gomes to the curb, but pleasant. Nightclub acoustic feel.

1 Like