What’s Spinning March 2023

Wow, lucky you!

IMHO, Erlend Oye is one of the most talented musicians of his generation.

When you read the credits on a KoC album you will see he plays 6-7 instruments (!) and sings (!)

They are both so talented, he and Erik.

Couldn’t agree more about Erlend and Erik, super talented guys. I was spinning “Riot on an Empty Street” continuously for weeks when it came out.

Yeah, we’re lucky to be living in a city where we can catch many popular artistes live pretty much every couple of weeks. Especially now with Covid just behind us, the concert scene has come roaring back in a big way; I’m averaging one concert a week this month! :grin:

3 Likes

is the SQ of HDTT really that good vs Qobuz downloads f.ex?

1 Like

Yes, I think that it is for all of the HDTT transfers that I’ve heard.

The only drawback is that, until dCS (hopefully) gives us the ability to play DSD256 files, I have to downsample (in Roon) to DSD128.

If you’re interested, you may like to read some of these reviews.

3 Likes

That link brought up a lot of unrelated reviews for me. This one may work more precisely. But if you just punch in “HDTT Review,” they should turn up. I especially like this one of Getz/Gilberto. Of all my files, I like this one just as much as the AP DSD, perhaps a bit more. And one other note: if you buy the higher rate file, you can download lower rate versions and skip the downsampling if you want.

2 Likes

And in that spirit:

IMG_1525

2 Likes

Thanks Greg.

Likewise. And this is indeed a very nice transfer.

1 Like

1 Like

Title track gets me every time.

RoonShareImage-638143887505082420

2 Likes

HIGH RES in Qobuz, MQA, very open soundstage.

5 Likes

4 Likes

That’s a good one. I have it in DSD128 and thoroughly enjoy it. And I also love Polarity.

Yes, great music, great recordings.

IMG_1540

2 Likes

Happy listening @PaleRider. Never let me go is the one I like most. Great recording, great playing …

1 Like

Thanks Rudi. I am enjoying it!

From Sound Liaison. Impressive RQ/SQ.

IMG_1543

2 Likes

Nice catch but I have to turn up the volume here…