What’s Spinning March 2023

This is the SACD extract. I think it sounds better than the SACD-SHM.
IMG_1377

3 Likes

A superb live recording of the piano trio n°5 by Beethoven and the Piano trio Op. 15 by Smetana (Danil Trifonov, piano) ; we can hear the musicians breathing, which can usally be disturbing, but here, the sound recording has been made in such a way that it adds a sens of realism and presence. Very good instrument separation and balance. by Ian Watson and Anna Barry

3 Likes

Qobuz FLAC 96kHz 24bit

And yet another version, released today, a Super Deluxe 4 disc set, completely remastered.

5 Likes

The CD arrived today from Hungary.
RoonShareImage-638134251079834230

2 Likes

Listening to these two today. Over on the Hoffman forum, there is a decent consensus that the AF Hoffman master sounds a bit better.

RoonShareImage-638134372357588130

RoonShareImage-638134372571255270

1 Like

IMG_1461

3 Likes

3 Likes

At last! Some interpreters are coming back to the tradition of composing! The French composer and pianist Camille El Bacha is one of them. Here is his first album…

2 Likes

Interesting. Listening now.

Another one, more of a classical crosover towards jazz…

Nicely recorded. The SQ is quite good, Margo’s voice is well-captured. Bass and transients seem just right. A very pleasant CD. Misguided Angel and Sweet Jane are excellent.
IMG_1464

2 Likes

Caught Kings of Convenience yesterday (with lots of disc spinning the day before). The last time I saw them live was 10 years ago! Time flies :laughing:

6 Likes

Ah, that would be fun. I enjoy KoC.

1 Like

I love the whole album, but March for Mingus—the bass, the sax, the vocals—gives me goosebumps. And @vahifiguy’s Roon upsampling settings are doing nuthin’ but good here.

IMG_1480

7 Likes

@PaleRider Nice selection. Absolutely love Melody Gardot!

This latest album from these guys keeps haunting me every couple of days :grin:

RoonShareImage-638138630789336140

2 Likes

Teed up; will check it out.

1 Like

I remember picking up this LP in 1970 at the local head shop/record store just because I liked the cover and already knew Clapton. I was blown away.

IMG_1494

3 Likes

Totally agree — a really enjoyable, varied listen.

(Especially now that I’ve set up the placeholder speakers in the new space.)

That bass solo…:ok_hand:

1 Like