What’s Spinning June 2021

1 Like

Qobuz FLAC 88/24.

1 Like

I can’t remember whether I’ve shared this one before or not, but it’s bloody good, so here goes regardless:

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

When you’ve got the DAC, and the clocking, right, which is to say letting the DAC be the best it can be, wow.

1 Like

Glad you posted that. Such an album.

1 Like

4 Likes

3 Likes

Venessa Fernandez’ “When The Levee Breaks” and “Use Me” SACDs are phenomenal acoustically! “Audiophile demo disc” worthy :grin:

1 Like

I agree they are, but for me they fall into the sonically outstanding but musically uninteresting. There are a lot of “audiophile” discs that fall into the same category. We all have different tastes.

1 Like

1 Like

Likewise actually. I’m not that big of a fan of her music. But her recordings are generally very well made, and some of her tracks are excellent for component A-B comparisons because they’re well recorded/mastered and have just a handful of musical elements (plus she happens to be a fellow countryman/woman :slight_smile: )

A little Bach to start the day… recommended

Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 08.25.15

39° here today. Oof. Scratch that — 43°. Must look up what genres they’re into on the surface of the sun.

This felt just right. Lovely album:

2 Likes

I was not familiar with this band so just played the album, and like what I hear…

‘only’ 34° here today! :blush:

Tight grooves from a remarkable unit…quite some low-end.

1 Like