Welcome Mosaic 1.1.1

is a quick press both on the remote and front panel

anyway, merry christmas to all

i can hear the click sound too once the mute button on the remote/on the front panel

Is there a way to trigger that USB reset for Mac owners on the Rossini Player?

Hi James,

So will there be a fix for the mute from the remote to work? As others have indicated, pressing the button on the remote makes the DAC make a click that seems like it did something but the red mute icon doesn’t show up. The front panel button does, for me, work to mute. This is on a Barton w/ headphone.

Thanks!

Hi all,

A note on our next steps following the Mosaic 1.1.1 release. We appreciate that some of our users are not as delighted with the latest version of Mosaic as we had hoped, and are truly sorry for those inconvenienced by some of the unintended side effects that have popped up. I think it is worth explaining the long incubation period of this release; not only has the COVID-19 pandemic forced our design teams to be dispersed throughout the year, but there have been quite major changes required on the back end to continue supporting the streaming services currently supported by Mosaic (which is for example why you had you re-enter your TIDAL credentials after the update).

Additionally, the extra features (most notably Expanse) we have added have required substantial research, development, listening and testing – remember that Expanse works at all sample rates and formats without compromise. In our haste to provide these features in time for Christmas, unfortunately we couldn’t roll in all the features and fixes that we wanted to (we are only human!).

On a positive note, we now have put in all that effort, so we can now concentrate on a much quicker release of the next version of Mosaic. I should note that it will be a fix based update not a feature based update, aiming to get the features currently available working as they should be. Thank you for your patience and feedback on the release, and watch this space!

7 Likes

Not currently, but it will be added to Rossini in an upcoming release.

Yes, this will be fixed in an upcoming release.

1 Like

Many thanks and happy new year!

Thanks for the update James.It is very much appreciated and I hope that this will help dispel some of the concerns that many have had over the current release.

I am sure that all of us out here appreciate the difficulties that 2020 brought. 2021 isn’t getting off to a better start as it seems that at 8:00 this evening the PM will be placing England into a more stringent lockdown. Let’s hope that this does not interfere too much with dCS’ above plans.

2 Likes

James,
Thanks to you and the rest of the DCS team for your continued efforts.
Being able to listen to fantastic sounding music during these crazy times has been a blessing!

4 Likes

Just a reminder in case the bug I found and reported some time ago has been forgotten:

My modus operandi each day (with MinimServer always running on my NAS) is to start up Mosaic, which brings up the Network Bridge, then select UPnP, then select my Synology NAS library, then select genre, then select albums, select among alphabet letters and finally select a specific album. I add the required tracks to the Play Queue. The first time in the day I do this I find that on many (perhaps the majority of) occasions the 1st track plays OK but play then stops and I have to select the second track in the queue.
I’m not sure whether the problem is related to Mosaic or MinimServer or their intercommunication but as the later is the UPnP server you support can you please fix this?

Otherwise I’m very happy with Mosaic and grateful for your commitment to develop this software further.

This happens to me too, but not very often

Thanks for the feedback David, I’ll get this passed on. I haven’t been able to replicate the fault myself so any info you have on how to make it play up would be really useful:

• Do you queue up just one album at a time, or are you queueing up multiple albums at a time and finding the first track skips?
  • Has this happened after the Mosaic 1.1.1 update?

@exnimrod thanks for letting me know on this. Are you also using a Network Bridge, or a different unit?

To answer your questions James:
Mostly I queue only 1 album, sometimes two.
Yes it does happen after the Mosaic 1.1.1 update; I’ve waited for a little while before re-reporting.
When I first reported this dCS had difficulty in reproducing it, particularly as it does not always happen.
For your information I’m running Mosaic on an Android tablet.

James, I am experiencing an annoying problem with Vivaldi/Mosaic since installing v.1.1.1.

If I leave the Upsampler powered but in sleep mode after a listening session ( my normal procedure) when I return for a new session, bring it out if sleep and reopen Mosaic ( I am opening a fresh session) the latter cannot find Vivaldi UPS . The front panel display on UPS confirms, however, that it is on the network.

I can only get Mosaic to find Vivaldi UPS by hard rebooting the latter and opening another Mosaic session.

Any ideas?

Pete, does the same thing happen if the Upsampler is left on instead of in standby?

Can the system be made to function properly again by booting one and not the other (Mosaic or Upsampler)?

I’ve installed Mosaic 1.1.1 (109) on my Android tablet, controlling Rossini.

Mostly working fine but I’ve notices a selection problem for the Wake/Standby button and expanding the Volume “control line”, both of which worked fine before the update. Several times I have experienced a couple of frustrating minutes to actually wake the system with repeated attempts.

Thanks James.

1. it happens whether the Upsampler is left in standby or on.
  2. I have to reboot both hardware and app.

Further to my initial question Mosaic will now not not discover UPS at all. Except tin the following circumstance;

I am referring to the iOS version running in iOS 14.3. However I have no problem using my Android installation of Mosaic 1.1.1. So if the iOS version is in permanent search mode and I then open UPS with the Android version iOS immediately switches to display the correct information.

I have tried a reinstall of 1.1.1 iOS which seemed to work initially but it is not stable and, once again, cannot find UPS at all.

For clarification the Android installation connects immediately it is opened. Unfortunately it is on my phone and the screen is too small for a good user experience.

Apologies for butting in here, but I thought I would test this problem on this side of the pond. If I have misunderstood the issue, please forgive me.

I have no trouble with Mosaic 1.1.1 accessing VUps over the network on an iPhone or iPad running iOS/iPadOS 14.4, even with the VUps in sleep mode. I’ve tested this three times, and twice, I briefly got the “Lost connection” message over a blurry screen and then everything snapped back into focus as Mosaic reestablished the connection.

Greg, I am 14.3. I just checked and there is no 14.4 available to me. I don’t know if Apple issue updates in tranches rather than the whole world in one hit ?