Welcome dCS Mosaic 1.2

You have arrived

1 Like

Well, i said that to myself (I’ve arrived) several long forgotten components ago…I do think I’m at the stopping point now though…

1 Like

Welcome to dCS Mosaic 1.2.1

1 Like

Thank you for this update. Being able to use Tidal’s native app has breathed some fresh air into my Rossini. I always enjoyed their curated daily discovery and new releases and the Mosaic app is limited in its integration.

1 Like

It was indeed a nice idea. Too bad it only worked for a couple hours for me. Now when I launch Tidal there is no way of sending music to my Rossini. Strange.
Otoh, I use Tidal quite seldom, so no biggie.
A.

What’s in 1.2.1? Does it involve an update to the DAC?

(Away right now so I can’t check)

The firmware update of the streamers (e.g. Network Bridge) could already be done with 1.2.0.
The change in 1.2.1 (vs 1.2.0):

• Fix devices running firmware older than 1.2.0 not being discovered.

Right. Forgot about this.

@Ermos : whatever happened with your issue with the remote?

1 Like

Still not able to play dsd files or SACDs from my Transport. For me the software update has been a complete disaster :frowning:

Nothing happened, it was not picked up by @James . No reply, same issue.

Hey @Ermos, I have pm’d you. Let’s discuss the issues you are having with the remote.

Thanks everyone.

1 Like

Thanks Ben @Bashcroft .

Problem is solved. Fresh batteries did the trick. Because it happened just after the Mosaic update I was looking for the wrong problem.

1 Like

How do use tidal native app on dcs? I need my daily discovery also and will probably switch dacs if i can’t figure it out. Mcontrol has tidal my daily discovery.

Welcome to the dcs.community Tom.

With the Tidal App running, click on the [Sound Output] button at the lower right of the Tidal App transport controls. You should then see the options including your dCS device.

Screenshot 2022-08-25 at 12.44.24 PM

Just select your dCS DAC and Tidal will stream directly to it via Tidal Connect.

1 Like

Thank you for response. Is this for android too or apple only?

Tom

It’s Tidal Connect , it works with Android or IOS

Does dCS’s TIDAL Connect implementation handle TIDAL Max? Meaning non-MQA high resolution FLAC streaming? Does Mosaic do the same?

In order to use tidal connect on my android, you must first play a song and tap on the ‘Now Playing’ bar. Tap on the device selector at the top right. Choose a TIDAL Connect-enabled device.

I have been very frustrated with mosaic. Please post these correct directions for android on your product pages or include them in your manual. I have been trying to do this for two years. Yeash.

Tom, I’m not actually dCS staff. You might want to email [email protected] instead.

That said, with respect to Tidal Connect, the User Interface and your difficulty with it on the Tidal App has nothing to do with dCS and Mosaic. On the other hand, if you’re using Tidal with Mosaic, then you’re just streaming Tidal, not Tidal Connect.