Welcome dCS Mosaic 1.2

Thank you also James for quickly solving this.

The new release notes are now here .

Did Control Board update? Wondering if the SPDIF bug was resolved.

(at work now so cannot check)

Hi Miguel,

Yes, the control board was updated and this issue was resolved.

1 Like

Thanks- it shows only the volume level. Any other function is disabled it seems…it‘s a Rossini

And Mosaic:

Thanks for getting the Transport Controls working, I can now finally delete my old “dCS Rossini” app!!

However, I posted in support about two new issues I found and I wonder if they are known issues:

New DSD issues with Mosaic 1.2 and Rossini Player 2.0.3

This caught my eye in section 2.2
Roon Ready
Updated SDK. DSD, DSD X2 and crossfeed elements now included in the signal path. DOP removed from signal path

Curious what “DOP removed from the signal path” means

Are there release notes for Control Board v2.0.3?

I believe Roon can natively send DSD data to the Roon Core running on the DAC, so there’s no need to have DoP capability built in.

ok, I’m now on 203 and network 507 :slight_smile: had to re-boot…

@James : Is this correct?

I like that Spotify is atheistic now… :slight_smile: God ruins everything.

1 Like

I was puzzled by your remark, but now see :joy:

The release notes need another update! @James

2 Likes

I’m assuming they mean “aesthetic”

God forbid there are more typos!

God does not care. They use MSB.

2 Likes

:innocent: :joy: Ha ha ha!

Process went very smoothly. From start (updating the iOS app) to finish (Upsampler back on line and system functioning ) took 8 minutes.

Took about 3 tries to get this to work(I Think?). I updated through the app store and then everything seemed to work. I have noticed one change that has me puzzled. I use Roon to stream Tidal. Formerly all Tidal MQA streams showed as 96 or 192 with a green light in Mosaic. Now it shows "orfs(do not remember if it said orfs before) 96 or 192 with a red light. I have seen green and blue status light previously but never red(or magenta). What is this all about?

ORFS means Original Sampling Frequency for MQA files.

In Roon, if you set your dCS to “Decoder + Renderer”, Roon will send the raw MQA (if no DSP / volume leveling / grouped zones) to your dCS, this way it will display MQA, perform both MQA Core decoding and MQA Rendering.

If you set your dCS to “Renderer Only”, Roon will do the MQA Core decoding, send the MQA Core signal to your dCS, this way Mosaic will display ORFS and your dCS unit will perform MQA Rendering.

Both are normal and comply with the latest requirements from MQA Ltd. and Roon signal path display.

Both are playing back MQA to their fullest extent.