Welcome dCS Lina

Good to know, Andre.

I cannot tolerate the sound pressure of the Susvara on the Lina amp louder than at 12 o’clock, so dCS did the right thing: driving the Susvara is easy with it.

1 Like

My complete Lina system has made home…………
The Bartok is gone to the dealer and the Lina is set up
Fist impressions are the Lina amp and separate clock make a noticeable difference in improved sound, more open and spacious and the volume level i was previously at is half that for the same volume on the line.

Now continuing the critical listening …

Anyone who has one settled on the filters and clock setting preferences etc?

1 Like

Hi Anthony,

Did you read the manuals of the Lina DAC, Clock and Amp? If so, what exactly is not clear to you?

For the Lina DAC you can use your own filter preferences you had with your Bartok.

There is no such thing as clock setting preferences: it is either set right, or not.

Yes, I understand about the filter preference choices. I was just asking others theirs….
As to the filter. BTW- it appears the choices are not exactly the same as the Bartok options in each category.

My clock question was about selecting as the manual advises “Auto” setting. Might just be me but I have trouble getting that setting recognized?

Other than that I have read the manuals and am enjoying working through the choices.

Thx for responding…sound is incredible

Also , any thoughts on using the burn-in feature? How long etc?

Wonder if there is any benefit with the Lina amp over The Bartok for headphones like the HD800s. The Bartok drives these better than anything I’ve heard - hard to imagine anything better but curious nonetheless. Nice to see so much interest in the Lina platform

Wonder no more….I just traded my Bartok with my dealer for the lina.

I’m not doing a commercial and really dont wan’t to be hyperbolic but the best way i can describe the quality of the sound is using DCS goal “Only the Music”…. This lina system takes you right there for headphones. Long time 2 channel guy now a total covert. Go check it out you will be glad you did. I started with the Lina amp with my Bartok, then traded the Bartok and paired the DAC and CLOCK. Its outstanding.

7 Likes

Great looking setup, Anthony!

A minor improvement though would be to swap the amp and clock: put the DAC on top of the clock, and the amp under your Abyss stand, for less electromagnetic field risk.

You will not need the power of the Lina amp to drive the HD800s, the Bartok can do that easily. But if you have the possibility to demo the Lina with your Sennheiser, please do so, and I am sure it will sound way better than with the Bartok.

Would love to know if you’ve heard the Susvara from either a very (very) silly headphone amp or from speaker taps, Erno. My Susvaras are plenty loud enough from most amps at 10 or 11am, but they really came into their own with these:

• Riviera AIC-10 speaker taps (much better than from the headphone jacks in either gain setting)
  • Enleum AMP23R (the front jack is the same as the speaker taps, which is nice)
  • T+A A 3000 HV speaker taps (yes, I realise how silly this is :stuck_out_tongue:)

I’m really looking forward to trying the Lina amp, but probably best I get over the Rossini purchase first…

I’ve run my Susvara from the speaker taps of my Gryphon Diablo. Amazing!

I’m quite impressed that the Lina amp can drive the Susvara well. Many amps can make the Susvara play at loud levels but few can make the Susvara sing to its full potential.

Thanks for sharing your observations. I wonder how much difference there is between Bartok 2.0 HP + Rossini Clock vs the full Lina stack …

Hi Ben,

I have my Susvaras now for the 5th day, so no more experience yet than with the Lina amp. They already sound fantastic, so I doubt I will look for something else. But I look forward to hear from you when you have tried the Lina, after your Rossini purchase :smile: My Lina purchase interfered with my Apex upgrade, so that is next.

Did as you suggested, thx

1 Like

Susvara feedback with Lina. Any additional comments on their performance with the new Lina amp. I am kind of shying away from pulling the trigger on them with all the AMP power stuff on line. I did not feel they performed well with my Bartok…….(borrowed Pair) but I keep thinking I am missing something or did not give them a chance?

Currently using 1266’s

Also anyone using the cross feed setting off with LINA?

Crossfeed is personal preference with headphones. Many people find that without crossfeed, the stereo imaging when listening to headphones is oddly exaggerated (not in a good way). Crossfeed makes the imaging more like listening to speakers.

The Lina made a splash at the beginning of its release, but lately it’s been really quiet. No recent reviews and chatter on the headphone forums about the Lina has gone quiet.

FYI I just switched the cable on my Meze Elite to the balanced XLR connection and there was an improvement over the unbalanced connection. I’m coming around to the conclusion that even efficient headphones benefit from the balanced connection. I use them with the Bartok.

1 Like

A new German dCS Lina review here Test dCS LINA - Musicalhead

2 Likes

Funny, I was just thinking about that………. I love the unit but woke up today surprisingly to a problem. My DAC screen has gone all grayed out? Still working but washed out. Checked all the settings and powered off and on nothing? Hope this is not a sign of what to come at this price point……nervous. I wrote DCS support here on the site. Ill reply back with any response I hear for anyone thinking of ordering one or has the same issue??