As just has been announced, dCS is coming up with the dCS Lina Headphone system:
It looks beautiful!
Some observations and questions:
- The price point is not under that of the Bartók system. I have to dive deeper into the details to find out why Lina is standing out from Bartók HDAC.
- It uses “buffered” analogue inputs as an extra. What is that?
• 1 x stereo pair unbalanced RCA, input impedance 48kΩ
• 1 x stereo pair unbuffered balanced XLR, input impedance 16kΩ
• 1 x stereo pair buffered balanced XLR, input impedance 96k
- The Lina headamp has 2W out max at 30Ohms. That is lower than I would have hoped for.