Isn’t the control board in the upsampler in the vivaldi range and not the dac
The fact that dCS designed it so far ahead that it can still handle v3.0 and all these new capabilities after so many years is seriously impressive.
I’m definitely learning something new every day about my Vivaldi! ![]()
![]()
I’m hoping that while my Vivaldi is at dCS for the Apex upgrade, I can also have it updated to the latest v3.0 firmware, if possible. It would be great to have everything brought fully up to date at the same time.
I completely understand your point. For me, it was mainly about peace of mind and having a clear history.
When the first Vivaldi apex arrived, it came without the manual or remote, and even the box wasn’t the original box for that unit. I was honestly quite disappointed, so I asked the dealer for proper guarantees and documentation.
The funny thing is, the DAC itself sounded fantastic. When it was collected, I was actually quite reluctant to let it go! ![]()
Isn’t the control board in the upsampler in the vivaldi range and not the dac
Every component in the Vivaldi stack has a Control Board in them (yes, including the DAC and Transport, and IINM, even the Master Clock).
All digital signal processing, for example AES en/decoders, DoP handling, the PLLs, the Filters on the DAC, upsampling on the Transport, etc., happens on the Control Boards.
The Apex DAC board only has the Mapper FPGAs, Ring DAC stage, and mixer/analog Output stage.
(You might be thinking of the Varèse where all digital signal processing happens in the Core and not on the mono DACs).
We always update units sent in for service or upgrades to the latest firmware. So if you want to do that you should wait to upgrade until 3.0 becomes generally available for Vivaldi (it will be announced here).
So if you want to do that you should wait to upgrade until 3.0 becomes generally available for Vivaldi (it will be announced here).
Telling him to wait to do his upgrade…does that mean he will not be waiting that long
![]()
Telling him to wait to do his upgrade…does that mean he will not be waiting that long
![]()
Are you telling me to wait for the upgrade because 3.0 is coming sooner than I think? ![]()
Alright, I guess I’ll be patient and wait a little longer!
But tell me, do you have any insider information? Is there going to be any exciting surprise in Vivaldi 3.0? Perhaps something that will make it sound even better? Haha! ![]()
You’ve certainly made me even more curious now!
Hi Andrew ,
Just out of curiosity, have you heard any whispers or had any indication of when Vivaldi 3.0 might be released?
I completely understand if there’s no confirmed date yet. I’m just wondering if there’s any rough timeframe or inside information you might be able to share.
Many thanks!
Sorry, I have no inside information to share. I refer you to James’s last post on the subject.
Hi folks, I wanted to give you an update on v3.0 firmware. We have been hard at work since the end of the Early Access Programme working on the general availability v3.0 firmware release for Bartók & Rossini. To highlight why the development is not as straightforward as simply releasing the firmware that was being tested, we have for example taken the decision to implement an auto-standby feature in Bartók and Rossini as part of this update. This helps to reduce power consumption from units wh…