Vivaldi successor name?

Numerous sources list these 18 Italian composers as the most important in history (below, in chronological order). dCS has already named products after six of them: Vivaldi, Scarlati, Rossini, Paganini, Verdi and Puccini. What is your guess for the name of Vivaldi’s successor? ; )

Guido d’Arezzo (991-1050)
Giovanni Palestrina (1526-1594)
Claudio Monteverde (1567-1643)
Girolamo Frescobaldi (1583-1643)
Arcangelo Corelli (1653-1713)
Tomaso Albinoni (1671 - 1751)
*Antonio Vivaldi (1678-1741)
*Domenico Scarlatti (1685-1757)
Giovanni Battista Pergolesi (1710-1736)
Luigi Boccherini (1743-1805)
Antonio Salieri (1750-1825)
*Niccolò Paganini (1782-1840)
*Gioachino Rossini (1792-1868)
Gaetano Donizetti (1797 - 1848)
Vincenzo Bellini (1801-1835)
*Giuseppe Verdi (1813-1901)
*Giacomo Puccini (1858-1924)
Ennio Morricone (1928-)

Interesting theory. But then you have Elgar, Purcell and Delius (British), Debussy (French), Verona (a place) and Lina (??).

No, based on solid intel from a deep cover source in Swavesey I’m going for Schubert.

[Edit: Forgot Bartók (Hungarian)]

Beethoven or Mozart is the real name for the Vivaldi successor

My money’s on “Adele!” :grinning:

While we are at it, I do not recognise the system board at the bottom right here. Anybody?

dCS-new-board

Could this be part of the Vivaldi successor?

[EDIT: No, it is not. It is the system board of a Bartok, see below]

1 Like

For Puccini, Verdi and Rossini…I have a strong doubt dCS uses it for a Vivaldi successor…It will be Mahler…Believe me :slight_smile:

dCS will definitely not repeat a name. If it is not Italian, I agree with @AMdeC that Mozart seems interesting, and fitting, given the high bar for anything that can succeed the Vivaldi. If it is Italian, it will likely be three syllables, and easy to pronounce/spell. Paganini was a marketing (not technical) mistake, IMHO.

Of this list, IMHO: Salieri, Bellini, Corelli, Monteverde seem interesting…

1 Like

Don’t call it Bach- because you can not build and name anything better after that then :wink:

3 Likes

So, for marketing reasons we eliminate Penderecki, Goubaïdoulina, Glass, Reich, Duruflé, Nono etc…

But Berio or Scelsi if you do think it must be Italian…The last one is Bartok…So, more modern than some Italian names you mentioned…But before that, we may have Vivaldi 3.0, that would be nice !

Of course dCS could decide to do something different and name a new unit ( should there be one) other than by a composer’s name. For example, Lina :grinning:.

Or

Internet is an amazing thing, whatever you say someone can find data to say the opposite :joy:

1 Like

Lennon
Dylan

2 Likes

Chris, this specific topic was covered some months ago. I daresay that some fairly obscure artists or composers can be found but it seems that “Lina” may simply mean “Line” as in it being a new dCS line.

1 Like

Swift, named after America’s best songwriter.

:wink:

1 Like

Or Ireland’s greatest satirist :wink:.

1 Like

My bet –

Muzio Clementi (24 January 1752, Rome – 10 March 1832, Evesham, Worcestershire, England) was a celebrated composer, pianist, pedagogue, conductor, music publisher, editor, and piano manufacturer** Born in Italy, he spent most of his life in England. He is best known for his piano sonatas, and his collection of piano studies, Gradus ad Parnassum.

1 Like

Don’t bet your stereo on this one, you might remain with a mp3 player and a Beats headphone set to listen to music :scream:

1 Like