USB Drive Not Being Read

I have a Bartok with the latest 2.01 upgrades. Recently a USB drive which I have previously used in the Bartok is no longer being read. I have checked the drive for errors in my P.C. & Aurender. In both cases the same drive has been successfully read. I have tried turning on and off my Bartok but still am not able to read contents of this drive.

As per manual, “You can play compatible music files that are stored on a flash drive, formatted as FAT16, FAT32 or un-encrypted NTFS. Drives in other formats are not compatible.”

Hi,

There has been nothing changed in the USB support code so anything that was working as a USB storage device on the Bartok still should be - have you checked that the USB port itself is still working by using some files on a FAT32 formatted USB pendrive/flash drive?

Phil

1 Like

Yes a FAT 32 USB drive works. The drive that is not being read now is NTFS. The issue is it was being read in the Bartok previously. After new files were added it stopped being read by the Bartok.

Problem solved. I removed indexing on drive and now it works. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi,

Glad you are up and running again - please remember that the rear panel USB port is intended for small transient collections of music running to a maximum of 32GB or so (more “pop a couple of albums round to a friend to play” than “Here’s my entire music collection”) and as such using the USB port to host a much larger collection can compromise the performance of the unit.

For large collections of music we would strongly advise using a separate UPnP server which would provide a much better searching and browsing experience.

Phil

1 Like