Update and Rossini Issues

I believe you were responding to Stephen and not me since I did not identify any cables.

That said I previously used AQ cables and now use Shunyata that might not meet DCS recommendations but have worked flawlessly for over 5 years. Rock solid.

Hi Steve,

OK - do you have a “normal” Ethernet cable anywhere that is long enough to reach from your Rossini to your router?

1 Like

Hi All,

It would appear that still-one (Jim) has nailed the cause of the problem.

When setting up and checking all the cables were connected I remember struggling to get the Ethernet to locate correctly and click into place. I repeatedly pushed the plug into the socket firmly but was not sure if it had clicked. I did not want to be overly forceful for fear of causing damage. I assumed that as it was pushed in firmly and ‘wiggled’ about it was correctly located, (together with the fact that it seemed to play ok initially).

Having made several further attempts (and being successful), at getting it to click into place at Jim’s suggestion this appears to have resolved the problem as it has played perfectly ever since.

Despite feeling a bit foolish I am pleased this is resolved. I suppose the lesson to be learned is to be persistent if plugs do not locate easily into sockets as clearly problems can arise if you are not!

Thanks Jim and thanks everyone else who has offered advice in respect of this. Now back to some more unadulterated enjoyment….

3 Likes

And one final note; the firmware network board software has successfully updated to version 510.

What a palava all over a single poorly located cable!

1 Like

Glad my mistake could help others. :grinning:

4 Likes