For my “casual” listening and to manage my local library, I’m using JRiver Media Center on a MacMini dedicated to music. I’m experiencing problems with both the Bartók and the Network Bridge.
For weeks, I had no problems with playing music from JRiver to the Bartók. I already had problems, however, with the Network Bridge disappearing after a few minutes of listening, then reappearing after some 10-20 minutes or so.
But since a few days, things have got worse, both devices being completely invisible to JRiver. In the past, switching the Bartók off then on (physical switch) did get it back online, but not any more. What is particularly puzzling is that both devices — Bartók and Network Bridge
- are still live on the ethernet network, visible from an IP scanner and accessible through the browser interface ;
- are still visible and controllable by Mosaic ;
- are visible and accessible for the Roon server and can be played on via Roon Remote ;
- and, the weirdest of all : from Mosaic, the JRiver UPnP server has occasionally been visible and accessible for a certain time, while JRiver wasn’t seeing Bartók !
The devices are wired to the MacMini, no wifi involved.
What I tried, without success :
- quitting and relaunching JRiver ;
- restarting the MacMini ;
FWIW, my Sony TV and Oppo DVD drive are both seen by JRiver when ON.
All this, in my opinion, points towards a problem with the UPnP implementation in Bartók and Network Bridge. But I know that UPnP is a weak “standard” and that the quotation marks are de rigueur, when mentioning it… If you think it’s pertinent, I can also post on the JRiver Media Server forum.
Can you help me ? Thank you very much in advance.