SR fuses replacement

Thanks. I’ll swap it around and try again.

Sounds smooth again after switching it around. It defies belief!

No, it’s only experience.

All this talk about swapping the fuses in the devices and maybe causing warranty/safety issues. Why not just change the 13 amp fuse in the plug of the the power cord?

Anyone tried this instead of the internal fuses and had similar positive results?

In my experience, the fuses will sound much better after a few weeks. I was a skeptic but now I would not go without them.

1 Like

Agreed.

I had quite a lovely listening session last night after changing the orientation of the fuse.

2 Likes

Just an update to say that the noticable affect of the fuse is in the area of clarity hence my complaint of additional percieved “brightness” while the fuse “burns in”.

More detail can definitely be heard from the DAC but the Bartok is already very resolving in my opinion.

That appears to be the main improvement anyway for those curious of the affect (in my opinion).

3 Likes

I constantly upgrade fuses as SR releases new! improved! versions (clever SR!).
I upgraded from orange to purple on my Vivaldi clock/Apex dac/disc player when SR came out with an offer of 3 for the price of 2. Improvement of abt 5% over orange (in itself already a big improvement over blue!) which is absolutely HUGE for High End gear (and the “modest” outlay compared to the price of the equipment). The purple fuse is very directional, just insert it so that it sounds more cavernous and analytical, not necessarily better (directionality is very obvious: to me the fuse sounded frankly unpleasant at first listen but I kept faith). Then, cook for abt 200-300 hours (shortcut: put disc player sotto voce on continuous play for days on end, use Nordost burn-in disc repeatedly over couple of weeks). Magic!
My take: on most high-end equipment, go directly to purple to dramatically improve performance and save on the upgrade money

2 Likes

Hi, I’m using HiFi-Tuning Fuses | Supreme³ Silver.
Does anyone have any idea what the correct verse is? Thank you.