Showing (off) your dCS setup - description and photos

It is fantastic, and a clear improvement on my previous NAIM 282/250 combination. Extremely dynamic and musical.

Thanks for sharing your impressions. I have a Gryphon Diablo 120 integrated, which is fantastic, but am always looking for the next upgrade!

2 Likes

I got the Clock a few months ago.

Atop the table are, left to right, Vivaldi Upsampler, DAC (no APEX yet) and Clock. Beneath the table on left are my Roon server (Win10 Pro x64), top, and Transparent Cable Reference PowerIsolator, bottom. Beneath the table on right is my Classé CA-2300 power amp. The Alexx V speakers bracket the lot.

16 Likes

Andrew, have you noticed an improvement by having the Vivaldi Clock (vs Rossini Clock)? Thanks :pray:

Hi Franco. This is the first dCS stuff I have owned, so I didn’t actually own a Rossini clock before this. I did compare both clocks, and preferred the Vivaldi to the Rossini. Overall, I am delighted with the performance of the system.

2 Likes

@Andyblain Your pic shows the Vivaldi Clock set to 192kHz for Group 2. Should it not be set to 48kHz so that all of the multiples of 48 are clocked correctly?

My Vivaldi Clock always said 44 and 48.

2 Likes

I only got it earlier this week and will be doing a full set up over the weekend. Thanks for the advice though.

1 Like

Interesting to hear @Andyblain. I have a Bartok into a Naim 300DR and have been toying with the idea of moving to a D’Agostino integrated and ditching the Naim amp. Probably best I don’t go audition the D’Agostino…

3 Likes

I’m lucky to have a full room to devote to this hobby, although it does double as a bicycle parking lot. The room was designed by Jeff Hedback and uses a range of RPG products, including bass traps behind the CD racks in the four corners. The difference between this room untreated and treated is huge–on a level with new speakers, or more.

Digital playback chain is Rossini stack > Berning ZOTL Pre One > Berning ZH230s running as monoblocks > Quad 2905. Analogue substitutes a VPI HRX for the Rossini stack.

From the listening couch:

The back of the room:

The right side:

The left side:

The equipment rack:

32 Likes

13 Likes

I have a Bartok with the Soulution 330 integrated which sounds spectacular.

2 Likes

Soulnote, nice! Don’t see those too often.

1 Like

Roger, how do you like those Quads? Currently I’m using a Rossini Player, Quad 606 and ESL62 speakers. I’ve had the Quad gear since new in 1994 and love the speakers. I’m wondering if it’s time to upgrade though, to really appreciate what the Rossini can do.

Simon, I like the 2905s a lot. I don’t think they are better than your ESL62s, but they are bigger. This brings two benefits: (1) The bass goes somewhat deeper. (2) They get the sound up off the floor better and fill the room vertically. That much said, you might want to think about springing for the Rossini clock before new speakers.

Looks like Bassocontinuo to me, see: https://bassocontinuo.biz/lines/reference-line/

I wonder why the poster went to all the trouble of custom building something that looks exactly like a COTS product. Was it for cost reasons or do you believe you got better performance?

Compared to some of the fantastic systems, and stunning rooms on here, my setup is a little compromised but here’s my newly arrived Bartok in pride of place on my rack…

…although it does look a bit of a squeeze as he’s a bit of a beast

10 Likes

I’m new to dCS. I was primarily PS Audio for the last 6 years. I’m slowly moving onward. My next dCS upgrade will be a Rossini Stack. The site software seems to limit my account to text and no images.

PS Audio P10 Power Regenerator. Waversa Bridge, Standard>Waversa EXT LAN Reference Filter> dCS Bartók>PS Audio BHK Pre Amp>PS Audio BHK 300 Mono Amps>Wilson Sasha’s>JL Audio f112 Sub

2 Likes

Naim and dCS have good synergy. Your pre is 52?

That’s right, I have a pair of NAP135 power amplifiers too, along with Naim SBL speakers

Not the most modern of systems on here but it’s a classic setup and am very happy with it

1 Like

Finally decided to and sold my CDS3. Rossini goes onto the main rack.

9 Likes