Showing (off) your dCS setup - description and photos

I’m using MIT Oracle Proline AES/EBU everywhere
And MIT Magnum Digital BNC cables for the clock side things.
Not a cheap dCS connecting setup but incredible results.

Frédérick

I have now separated the legacy home cinema equipment from the rest and have rehoused the Rossini and Clock. All amplification has been renewed (Chord Pre 2 Preamp and Chord Ultima 3 Monobloc’s). I have also given in to the persuasion that the clock should be at the bottom

11 Likes

what speaker are in the picture?

Damn @Dunc - anyone might think you’ve been stalking me … that’s all three manufacturers that I’ve worked for! :laughing:

Phil

3 Likes

Hi phil, my system has changed a bit since that pic, some bit gone and new stuff in

Hi Phil
I guess I am stalking you as well :laughing:.
Linn, Kudos, and Chord courtesy of my dear dealer friend Mr. Swain who looks after me on his “other side of the pond” trips.

Welcome back.

Best
Gregg
(from the weekly Naim Zoom call in the States)

6 Likes

chuckle I still have my ‘one off’ Blonde Zebrano T88’s too … well, they’re out on loan but I still own them … and if we ever manage to move to a larger house I’ll be able to get them out again!

Running a pair of 707’s in the living room at the moment with a 40 year old Krell KSA50 as all my Naim kit is out on loan to various friends.

Nice to see that some of my old friends are here too… :wave:

Phil

chuckle … As they do tend to do. :laughing:

Phil

Yes the rega P10 has gone along with the rega aura.
Melco has gone.
The isolation feet gone.

Replaced with
Thales compact mk2 turntable and simplicity 2 arm.
Cartridge right now is on its way from Switzerland and is the exquisite st.
Naim superline and waiting for my supercap dr to power it.
Melco N10 and D100
Nakamichi dragon.
Also looking for an extra fraim shelf so i can once again split the rossini and clock.
Plus a few cable changes

5 Likes

Ooooooo definite Brownie points on the Dragon … :ok_hand:

1 Like

Well phil if you like the dragon what about this, got a 5 that works very well and a 7 that i am working on and its almost ready to take over from the 5

1 Like

Wow … an elcaset … Nice!

They are great bits of kit and a real shame they didn’t take off, this 5 gives my dragon a very close run for its money on type 2 tapes and recording from my dCS are very close, but it just adds a little something to it, that makes it very enjoyable to listen too.
Someone will get this lovely 5 soon as will sell it once the 7 is sorted and hopefully they can also enjoy what they bring, as for about £400/£500 ts a very cheap fix in this mad world of hifi.

Hasn’t a proper manufacturer started making brand new (not “new old stock” tape) “normal” and “chrome” cassettes? I’m sure I saw something and I’m thinking it was BASF but I can’t find it now…

What’s the availability like for blank Elcasets?

Two companies currently manufacture compact cassettes:
ATR Magnetics (ATR) in the US (www.atrtape.com)
RecordingTheMasters (RTM) in France (www.recordingthemasters.com) based upon the original AGFA and BASF formulas.

AFAIK zero.

I had a quick look up on eBay and there are “NOS” Elcaset up there but man they are hellish expensive …

NOS may still be around. I just thought about newly made ones.

No new ones, but you can find old stock, plus old unopened ones.
But they can be expensive, but you can find them at a better price than ebay if you know where to look.

The 5 sitting in my old resorted rack, that i had to cut out 2 shelves to gain the height

2 Likes

Love the buttons, looks like emoticons

Some Nak love in addition to my Rossini.

And some nice-ish blanks. Not pictured are the already recorded tapes.

6 Likes