Showing (off) your dCS setup - description and photos

I will do that.

1 Like

Afaik worked the designer from Rockna for MSB (or still designing some parts for MSB?) . The MSB was great but if I had to choose another brand vs dCS I would go for Playback Designs. But it‘s really a matter of the rest of your system.

Did you hear your YGs vs Magico?

Yes, Magico S1, not even close to the YG Carmel 2,
The S3 were closer, deeper bass but the stereo image of the YG was hypnotic…So I decided for the YG.

2 Likes

Finally, new set up on the new rack.

21 Likes

My main system has only a NWB. The headphones system (not pictured) has Rossini+Clock.

13 Likes

Oh and this is on order:

5 Likes

Have upgraded the amp to the Raal HS1b with SR138 silver cable. Very pleased with the result.

1 Like

Here is my humble Accuphase setup…and a Vivaldi with an SRS perf reference clock

24 Likes

Just got around to setting up the Scarlatti stack I bought a few months ago:

Getting reacquainted with my CD collection, and loving every second of it!

Mani.

16 Likes

Humble?
IMHO that’s the understatement of the year.
Vivaldi Stack (APEX?) with SRS perf reference clock > Accuphase C-3900 (?) > Accuphase A-300 (?) > Bowers & Wilkins 801 D4 (?). What’s your cabling ?

1 Like

Yes… thank you. I’m in a lucky position that I don’t have to “explain” the logic behind my irrational exuberance to anybody :)). it is an apex Vivaldi, c3900, and a300 into 801d4 with a pair of DB1D subs. I run a full AQ dragon loom for the main gear (not the subs) except for the Vivaldi stack and for that I am using transparent xl bnc cables.

3 Likes

Wow. That’s exactly how I’d put my (dream) system together, if I had the money.
But since I don’t (any more), I have to be satisfied with what I got:
SME 20/3, SME V, Accuphase AC-5, C-37
dCS Network Bridge (black), dCS 974 (upsampling to DSD), Vivaldi APEX DAC (black),
Accuphase DP-900, DG-68, T-1100, C-3850, A-250. B&W 800 D3, AQ WEL Signature (analog XLR). :smile: :smile: :smile:

1 Like

That’s an awesome system you got btw… I’d rather spend my money on audio, rather than flashy cars, etc. i found that for my system the reference clock provided a surprising level of improvement (so something to consider if you are thinking of getting a Vivaldi clock at some point), but also the subs are quite awesome (and comparatively speaking, a very worthwhile investment) with helping clean up the mid range and provide a very solid bass synergy with the Accuphase class A amps (each DB1D has 2kW class D amp).

My idea is to reclock units, that do not have a wordclock input by means of my Mutec MC-3+ USB, which is also used as a wordclock generator and controlled by my Mutec REF10 SE120.
(Photos of the system might follow once I have put the system into the new racks bought in 2019(!).)

I see… I am not knowledgeable enough to know how to do that unfortunately. For my system, I could also spend a little more on my DCS gear as I don’t run a tuner or a phono stage or a voicing equalizer. The difference between each Accuphase generation, i.e. C3850 to C3900 (and I’ve compared those two in my system) is very subtle, you really have to listen to them back to back to hear a difference - I would not spend the money to upgrade with each generation - you can easily skip a generation - maybe consider a C3950 when it comes out! The 801D4s are somewhat better than D3s (which I had before), but it is not drastic (I would say a better control of the treble and the bass drivers are improved, so the bass is better defined - but having the subs is even better). As for the cables, I was able to get a good discount from a friendly AQ dealer, so the pain was not nearly as bad as their retail pricing… (can’t say the same for my Transparent cables unfortunately). Looking forward to the photos of your system!

Dcs Bartok with Rossini clock, Burmester 032 and Focal Diablos.

16 Likes

My system has changed massively since i first posted.
Much simpler on the cable front now and with all the boxes.
Much better end result for sound quality and looks

21 Likes

For anyone interested, this is my current setup

[Using an Antipodes K50 music server, Meridian DSP7200SE speakers with an 818v3 processor, dCS Rossini Apex + clock with a Mjölnir headphone amp driving Stax headphones. Shunyata Triton v3 and Typhon QR power conditioning with Network Acoustics filters]

21 Likes

Just joined the club! Headphones-only rig (Riviera AIC-10 hybrid amp driving AB-1266 TC/Spirit Torino Valkyria, Taiko Extreme server, all plugged into the Niagara 5000 conditioner) :slight_smile:

22 Likes