Rossini Transport tray is stuck

Hi,

After I inserted a disc to Rossini Transport, I am not able eject it out.

When I press Eject button it first tryies to eject (by showing ‘Opening’) out the CD. But after trying for few seconds it says No Disc.

It a new unit I bought 1 month back.

Please help out.

Regards,
Sourav

That’s not great with such a new machine, have to say that the cd tray is is not very deep where the cd is positioned, it is important that the cd is placed precisely on the tray, don’t want to know what happens when the cd is not correctly inserted.

Not saying this happened, but I always take care placing the cd in the tray, my old Wadia player had the same cd unit as the rossini player I have now.

Have you tried pulling the powercord and wait 30 seconds and then reconnect?

I agree with imprezap2. The possibilities appear to be that: (i) the operating system is in a confused state somehow, which might be solved by switching off the power and then re-starting. (ii) The disc is not in the position in the tray that it ought to be in, and this somehow is causing the problem. (iii) There is some other fault.

I have the same transport, and it is true that care needs to be taken to position the CD correctly in the tray. Did you play the CD before trying to eject it? What happens if you try to play it now?

If you haven’t been able to solve the problem, I suggest contacting dCS support.

Tried power cycling. Pulling the power-cord out, waiting for a minute and then reconnect. No luck.

It still shows NO DISC. If I try to play nothing happens.

Regards,
Sourav

Hi Sourav,

I’m sorry that you are having issues with your Rossini Transport not ejecting - I would strongly suggest that you contact your dealer and we get it back to the dealer to be sorted out.

Best Regards

Phil Harris

2 Likes

HI Phil,

Thanks for your suggestion. I shall do the same.

Regards,
Sourav

Simon-c asked a good question, did the cd play before you tried to eject ?

@imprezap2 the after first time it got loaded the display showed ‘No Disc’. So I immediately tried to eject assuming that the disc was not positioned right way. From that time onwards if I try to Play nothing happens.

Regards,
Sourav

So there is a chance the CD is not properly positioned, if it is a mechanical “blockage” a power off/on will not help, best advise is to get your dealer and dCS involved. Hopefully it is an easy fix

I also feel that it is a situation with CD not properly positioned.

I faced this before. But in those cases with Eject step the tray used to come out. This time that is not happening.

Regards,
Sourav

This might not be an authorized approach but you might be able to carefully remove the top panel and then extract the CD. I had the same situation with another transport and fixed the problem in a just few minutes using only a screwdriver.

1 Like

Your dCS Dealer will know how to activate the manual disc tray eject lever (via the bottom plate of your Transport). Don’t attempt it yourself though! :grin:

Did you insert a DualDisc or something? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:… Years ago a DualDisc stuffed up my Linn CD12 as the disc thickness is just slightly more than CD specification.

3 Likes

Yes and i one time not paying attention palmed a cd i was taking out and a cd i was putting in. Dang thing wouldnt play. I turned off rebooted. No disc signal. Ready to give up. Tried eject one last time. 2 cds came out. I couldnt believe i did it. But the two cds inside proved it. Lucky

1 Like

My dealer, Graham from Audio Lover said that dCS will replace it as it is just 4 weeks old.

So do not want want to try anything else now. Just dont know how long will it take.

@Anupc I did not try any double disc/dual disc. But most probably the CD was little thick. As such this unit had a little less clearance on top - every time while closing the tray there was slight hish sound (which I neglected initially).

Regards,
Sourav

1 Like

The tray should slide back into the transport smoothly, with only the quiet and even sound of the mechanism doing its job, and then close with a solid clunk sound at the end. That’s my experience. Problems, especially when they occur with new units, are always disappointing. My first transport had probably been dropped by a courier and was noisy, particularly with SACDs (which rotate much faster than CDs). The replacement had some kind of alignment problem, to do with the disc tray, that resulted in a slight ‘twang’ sound as it was closed. Back it went to the factory again. I find that dCS are very good about fixing these things though, so I’m sure you’ll be OK in the end.

2 Likes

I did not have that smooth closing from first day. I should have raised concern much before.

Probably that was impacting sound quality too. I did not feel that happy with the sound. Waiting for more break in.

Regards,
Sourav

Got replacement for my Rossini Transport (almost after a month).

Thanks a lot to dCS and Graham from Music Lovers, Berkeley, CA.

And now I realize what I was missing last 4 weeks (when I was only streaming from my server or Qobuz). This transport is something.

Regards,
Sourav

3 Likes