Roon 2.0 is coming

Released on 20 September, 2022:

2 Likes

I’m very curious about this! In the video you see a device – don’t know if it’s just a random audio device or if it’s a Roon device.

Roon is already so good (listening right now, in the early quiet of a Saturday morning).

1 Like

It is rumoured that Roon Mobile, a Roon-on-the-go version, will see the light. It will make your entire on-line and off-line music collection available outdoors.

2 Likes

Roon Mobile is exactly what I’ve been waiting for. I’m away from home far more than I’m at home, so this would be very welcome indeed.

1 Like

Let’s see how much will be part of the standard subscription vs a new hosting / mobile add-on subscription …

Any new features that are added to Roon, such as your mobile Roon example, will be included in your existing membership. We’re not going to do a-la-carte pricing for new features - that includes any new Roon-on-the-go additions.

3 Likes

Roon Mobile would be fantastic. I will be curious how this works.

2 Likes

Roon mobile would mean nothing to me. I never listen to music away from home and if I wanted to I would just use my Tidal app.

1 Like

The Roon 2.0 update will be available today from 16:00 UTC.

2 Likes

Roon 2.0 contains functionality to be run with the new phone app (iPhone/ Android) called Roon ARC.

roon-arc

Roon ARC allows you to take your Roon experience on the go.

ARC FAQ:

1 Like

Roon 2.0 is up and running!

1 Like

And the app … https://apps.apple.com/us/app/roon-arc/id1555549544

SQ improved?

I think I can answer my question- yes :sunglasses:

If I understood well everything said on this forum, no, SQ cannot be improved, by conception, when music played with dCS gear.
Roon, like Mosaic transfer data, and the dCS upsampler does all the rest, and then the dCS DAC of course….

2 Likes

I have not been able to check this out yet. Is Roon ARC the Roon app (2.0) or are Roon and Roon ARC two separate apps? ARC being the mobile app?

Roon Desktop (aka Roon), Roon Server, Roon ARC, Roon Remote and Roon Bridge are all different.

See the current production versions, and their platforms, to make it clear.

Here is a description of the various Roon software packages, and their use case:

Roon ARC is the new mobile phone remote app.

1 Like

Roon Remote and Arc are two different apps. Remote is for same network music control (LAN), Arc is for anywhere play (WAN) and also allows offline downloads to mobile for your local music on the go (not for Tidal and Qobuz).

2 Likes

If you’re on an M1 chip then yes. Roon 2.0 has native support for macOS. SQ should be on par with the Windows and Linux versions now.

3 Likes

All apps updated. I had to reinstall the iOS app because Roon kept telling me it needs to be updated but did not provide a path to that option. I could not connect to the core until it was updated, without an option to update. Deleting and reinstalling the new version solved the issue.

Will check out ARC in the car today.

[EDIT] in the documentation they warn you to updates apps before the core. Also, ARC works great in the car!

1 Like