Red signal on Rossini

I’m getting this on my Rossini all of the sudden. What should I do? Thanks.

Also, the device does not seem to respond to the Mosaic app (?).

That means that you have the wrong clock selected. I assume you have a Rossini clock so you probably have group 1 out from the clock connected to group 2 in on the DAC and group 2 out from the clock connected to group 1 in on the DAC.

1 Like

Thanks Pete. I’ve now solved that.

The other issue is that I’ve set DSD both on the device and the app and the device shows DSDx2. Any idea of what that could be?

Page 39 of the manual.

DSD/64 = DSD and DSD/128 = DSDx2.

1 Like

Thanks Erno. What I mean is that I’ve selected DSD both on the app and the device but the screen on the device shows DSDx2. Am I missing something?

The incoming data rate is DSDx2, DSD/128. So your selected source input DSD is outputting DSDx2 into the Rossini.

1 Like

So it’s correct?

I’m playing a regular CD.

I’m playing a regular CD.

Then upsampling was set from PCM > DSDx2 so again the incoming signal before the DAC stage is DSD/128.

If you meant to set upsampling just to DSD (and not DSDx2), then restart your Rossini from the back button.

1 Like

Yea that’s what I meant. I’ll try to reboot the device.

Can he not just change the selection from DSDx2 to DSD in Mosaic/ Audio/Upsampler output rate without rebooting? I am checking against my Vivaldi options but I would have thought that Rossini would be similar on this.

One thing I did note was that Franco says he is selecting DSD both on the device and app. Of course he need only choose one of the two as if he selects the upsample rate via the app the device will change the selection or via the device and the app will display what has been selected on the device. I wonder if by , as it were, double selecting that he managed to select DSDx2 inadvertently?

1 Like

I also can select/ change the upsampling just in Mosaic without rebooting, but his Rossini may be confused already because of the wrong clock cables connection, so a clean reboot cannot harm. Also, Franco mentionned

So, better reboot.

1 Like

I’ve solved it thanks guys. It was not the Rossini dac but the Rossini Transport which was set at DSDx2!

1 Like

:smiley: :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt reply and help. You’re the best!

1 Like