New PS Audio SACD Transport and dCS

are there SACDs albums out which are not available for download?

Probably but it depends on where you are. Downloads are sales of the crecording and the right to sell is often limited to given territories. So what can be downloaded in one countryoften cannot be obtanied in another.

1 Like

ok, know what you mean- just checked some albums…

If I recall correctly, Paul McGowan said it.

Most of what Analogue Productions and MoFi produces is exclusively LP+SACD these days.

1 Like

There can be downloads not available in certain countries - eg Kraftwerk’s german version remasters were not available for download in the US - I bought them through my UK Qobuz account. They might be now, I don’t know.

But Analogue Production reissues and MoFi are never available for download anywhere to my knowledge.

thanks- I don’t have a SACD player/transporter so I’ll have to stick with downloads.

Or buy the SACD’s and rip them yourself, it’s not that hard anymore

The mofi SACD’s are worth it.

2 Likes

I think it’s not a plug and play solution :slight_smile: and I have a mac (guess most hacks are available for windows…)

Took me one afternoon to get it going, have to say I already had an Oppo player.

But there are many other cheaper players suitable, and if I remember correctly the software is also there for MAC

You can rip SACD for just $30 on ebay.

I have a mac as well. SUPER easy these days, all you need is a compatible DVD player (recommend BDP-S5100), a 1GB USB key (or larger! :slight_smile: ) and some freeware on your mac. Would also recommend some software to add some metadata to the DSF files for example - can also be had free.

An afternoon??? Are you my grandma?

Ok thanks Miguel, I’ll check the requirements and see if I could do that as well!

This is a decent guide:

Thanks a lot, will dig into it!

1 Like

Did AP stop selling downloads? Not seeing any at Acoustic Sounds, and just found this Hoffman thread about the topic. Glad I got mine when I did.

I don’t know. I bought quite a few at the time.

However, the Analogue Production remasters by Ryan Smith, Kevin Gray, etc were never available for download - only on vinyl and SACD. My assumption was a licensing issue. Amongst these is, for example, Ryan K Smith’s 2015 Nina Simone’s “Little Girl Blue”, which is the best transfer of this album that I have (and I have all of the ones I know about, 7 different versions IIRC).

1 Like

First time yes, did spent a couple of hours to get it going,

In McGowan’s own words from 8 months ago (@ around 5min mark) :laughing:

Our SACD player does output the true master from the SACD into an external DAC, but only our DAC. And that’s the way we got around this whole thing… (in referrence to Sony’s copyright licensing restrictions)