Network Bridge settings for Schiit Yggdrasil?

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I just bought a Network Bridge to feed a Schiit Yggdrasil. Can you tell me what to set the Bridge at? The Yggy does up to 24/192.

Thank you.

Hi and welcome to the community.

The answer to your question in part depends upon the resolution of the incoming file. If you play no material exceeding 24/192 ( and that would cover many folks needs) then you need not need to set any downsampling. If, however , you want to play DSD files ( .dsf and .dff) or DXD ones ( 24/384) then set the network bridge to 24/192 for the connections that you use and DSD Downsample to on. Note the NB downsamples only to meet the maximum input capability of certain DACS. It does not upsample e.g. 16/44.1 to 24/192.

The User Manual explains it all in detail ( see page 12).

2 Likes

Thanks. I am only using Qobuz which maxes out at 24/192. No DSD or DXD or anything else.

As Pete mentioned above, the max input rate for the Yggdrasil is 24/192. The Network Bridge is set to 24/96 maximum from the factory for maximum compatibility out of the box, which won’t get the best from the Yggdrasil. For best performance the Network Bridge should be configured as follows:

• AES Downsampling: 192k
  • SPDIF Downsampling: 192k
  • Dual AES Sample Rate: 352.8k
  • DSD Downsampling: On

I would recommend using the AES/EBU interface between the two as this will give the highest level of performance.

3 Likes

Thanks very much, James. This is exactly what I was looking for.