Mosaic Skipping and Partial Playing Tracks

Yes, please use them. You already paid for the service.

1 Like

Update…
…despite several email reminders my Bartok remains non-operational.
This is now since Xmas.
…to say I will not be, nor would I recommend, purchasing a new dCS product is an understatement.

I have ordered a full new Linn Klimax LP12 and will be moving away from DAC. Alterations to room furniture and LP storage all now in progress. Tidal and Qobuz now cancelled.
I thank my lucky stars for keeping hold of my vinyl…

Thats too bad Sean. Was your dCS dealer not helpful?

It is now mid way through May 2022, I have contacted my dealer and dCS on numerous occasions and my Bartok still does not function properly.
This started on 25 Dec 2021…presumably emails and complaints fall straight into a rubbish bin.
I will leave forum readers to consider for themselves what this means…

Having moved to a Linn LP12 vinyl setup, I now have flexibility and the Bartok does make a good deadweight in the bottom of the furniture unit that the Linn sits atop of.

I think the only way I am going to get any attention is to pack the Bartok up and drive over to 1, Buckingway Business Park, Anderson Rd, Swavesey, Cambridge CB24 4AE and bang on dCS’s door until they get up and answer.

However, this is very interesting - sometimes DCS responds to reported problems and errors very quickly. Sometimes you just look forward to it. Maybe really because it is a small company, it has limited human and material resources and it is necessary to manage them well. Therefore, bugs are prioritized depending on how many users are affected. Best Regards Robert

Sean,

I’ve asked the guys about this as many of them are out this week at Munich and I’ve only been here since March so I don’t know about your problem and its history … from what I’ve been able to find out your dealer was supposed to be contacting you to assist in identifying whether there was an issue with your Bartok or whether it was an issue being caused by your network.

Has this not happened?

Phil

Hi Robert,

We do obviously triage issues - for example the recent issue with some Rossini’s being unable to play DSD64 files after the last firmware update - but no-one should be left hanging, that’s just not acceptable.

I will say that it is difficult to work through support issues on the forums - I’ve come in to dCS after a long old stint with A.N.Other manufacturer and from experience I would STRONGLY suggest getting hold of us at [email protected] if you have an issue - that way it gets logged and assigned to one of us who then has visibility of it at all times to make sure it doesn’t fall down any cracks etc.

On the forums it is incredibly easy for replies to get missed or buried in with other comments - especially if it comes some time after the initial thread or starts in the middle of an existing thread - that’s not meant as any kind of excuse, just something that I am very aware of from my previous “life”.

Hopefully anyone that knows me from my previous “life” would also confirm that I like to make sure that things get solved and closed off.

Anyway, from what I understand this one should have been progressed and if it hasn’t then we’ll get involved again.

Phil

Phil,

I have emailed dCS support email on at least five occasions to ask for help as suggested on:

10 Jan 22
1 Feb 22
13 Feb 22
9 Mar 22
23 Apr 22

You will understand that I am frankly a little passed emailing dCS to ask for help as none has been forthcoming. I do not think my emails could possibly have any misinterpretation to them either…

I have worked out how to change the DNS servers for the Bartok and the unit is hard wired direct into a BT home hub, which I have had (at my own cost) relocated within our house specifically for this purpose.

I do not want to seem unfriendly, but moving back to vinyl from dCS has cost me some £25k, which would have otherwise been spent on a dCS upgrade…poor customer service is not only costing your company it’s reputation but also revenue.
Otherwise happy Thursday…

Hi Sean,

I do get that you are annoyed however I have just looked at the logs for the period of the 21st to the 28th April, we had 29 requests over that time and I’m afraid nothing there appears to be from you.

That email address is handled by a software tool that makes sure that as soon as something comes in it is logged so it can be actioned and tracked and can’t be missed / deleted without there being a record of it…

I’m afraid that certainly for that last date we just don’t have anything from you (I haven’t looked for the other dates but I can do given time to go back if necessary) … anyway not wanting to annoy you further with what may seem like inconsequential questions given that you have a problem and just want it sorted but are you sure you have the correct email address?

There should be absolutely no need to change the DNS servers on the Bartok for it to work and the BT HomeHub - although it has its issues - should also be fine within it’s limits.

Phil

Going back to 10th Jan shows an email thread through our old dcsltd.co.uk email address and I’ve had a quick flick through it … I see that James has been in contact with you several times and there is a note from the 29th April saying that your dealer is supposed to be contacting you to come sort your issue and a query about a WiFi bridge.

As far as I can see your dealer should have been in contact with you to work the issue through … have they not done so? If they haven’t been in contact with you then have you contacted them?

Hello Phil,

I was instructed directly by “James” of dCS to respond to [email protected] which is precisely what I have done, and continued to do so, along with Guildford Audio my dealer.
Sadly, these days I find it necessary to write/email as there is a growing tendency for companies to forget their customers and then at least I have a written record of who said what and when.
My Bartok continues to not fully work (actually it is getting worse as it will now at times not play a track from Mosaic when queued and then instructed to play, it simply will not select the track).
More worrying than this is, once it refuses to play a track the name of the track can remain on the Bartok’s screen and can only be removed by hard rebooting the Bartok from the main power switch behind. Such is my frustration at all of this that I suspect I could remove the track with a woodworking tool from my home workshop equally well.

On the dealer side, Guildford Audio have recently telephoned me but this has not got me very much further other than suggesting that I rearrange my dual band BT Home Hub, to no avail.

Since Xmas 21, I have now tried 2 different iPhones, 2 different iPads and a M series MacBook Pro. I am utterly convinced not all of these brand new devices can 100% be at fault. They all “see” the Bartok almost instantly but getting it to play any selected list of streamed tracks is 100% impossible…

Hi Sean,

After talking to Guildford Audio last week they tell me that they were in touch with you last month (in April) and - after I initially flagged up this post to them - last Friday too and both times have been told that you are too busy on projects for them to come and take a look at your setup and that you’ve said you’ll get back to them when you have time.

Is this incorrect?

If your understanding is different then please let me know and I can get back onto them?

I am also totally convinced that all of those devices aren’t faulty too … however trying things randomly (like trying other iPhones) is highly unlikely to get you a proper solution - you really need to let your dealer come out and help you.

I understand that you are frustrated however your dealer is - as far as they have told us - simply awaiting your OK to come and assist.

Best Regards

Phil

Phil…as always things are a little more complex than that. I am assisting the UK’s largest network of private cancer treatment centres and cannot easily “take calls”. I have spoken to Guildford last week and I feel need someone to visit my home after work or at the weekend to sort this long running problem. (I only try to use my Bartok during these times as well.)
I have tried to ring you at dCS and see that your telephone number is very well insulated away from customers.
I will find a free slot to contact Guildford again…

Hi Sean,

I currently don’t have a direct dial number - I work VERY remotely and, as “the new boy” here at dCS, a direct dial number for me is still being set up … so, not insulated, just doesn’t currently exist and once it does then I’ll be available by phone too.

If you wish to get hold of me directly then my email address is [email protected] or better still just reply to one of your previous emails and then it will get linked to your earlier discussions with us and it will be picked up by either James or me as we both have access to the support system which we have here to ensure that nothing slips through the cracks and everything can be tracked.

Best Regards

Phil

Most people are busy during weekdays whatever we may do for a living and as such most dealers are aware that they may need to make themselves available (within reasonable expectations) outside of “office hours”. Unless Guildford Audio have specifically said that they can only come out to you on a weekday then I don’t see as there would be a problem with asking if they could come to you either one evening or at a weekend - they work Saturdays so may well be able to do a Saturday visit in with their working week - I’m sure there is absolutely no harm in asking and I’m sure they will do their best to fit in with you.

Best Regards

Phil

Guildford Audio did come out to me and spent a considerable time going through all, including a 2nd Bartok. The same issues were repeated…
However we did find a cure. It was to remove dCS Mosaic away from the chain and replace with Tidal feeding via Roon and hardwire to shared router. It worked great thereafter, but only without Mosaic.

Secondly…by the time this was all done the Bartok V.2 update was available which I carried out a few days later just as many have described in other parts of this forum. I also updated dCS Mosaic to 1.2. (had the later version already loaded anyway).
The result is I am now able to run the Bartok with Mosaic or Roon wirelessly.
The only thing I can say is that there was an impossible to exactly locate issue when running Bartok V1 and previous Mosaic version wirelessly…most frustrating and long winded!!!