Mosaic Control issues

Hello

I can’t access a number of config options/buttons in the Mosaic Control app, specifically:

• Upsampling
  • DSD Filter
  • Display
  • Display Brightness
  • Logo Illumination
  • Sync Mode
  • Dual AES
  • USB Audio Class
  • Buffer
  • Line Out Balance

Each show as names without buttons/config options

Version: Mosaic Control V1.0.1 (38) on both iOS 12.4.1 and 13.1 (iPad and iPhone)

It was working fine until yesterday

User error … or bug?

Thanks!

Try power-cycling your dCS device from the rear panel and then kill and restart Mosaic Control as well.

That worked thanks Andrew

Andrew unfortunately after working for three days it’s happened again; any idea of the root cause?

I know what would cause the device to present in this state, but how it got there is unknown. When you have a moment can you please provide the following information?

• Do other functions continue to work? (UPnP, Roon, Tidal, Qobuz, etc)
  • Please describe the network connection(s) between your Bartók, UPnP / Roon server, and the internet.
  • Does this happen consistently on a particular streaming service / source?
  • Is there anything that you’re doing consistently before the device ends up in this state? (particular
  • Do you use Mosaic’s internet radio or podcasts and, if so, have you experienced issues with those functions recently?

Finally, when the device is in this state please point a web browser (on a computer) at the IP address of your Bartók. Navigate to “Device Settings” then click on “Download System Logs” at the bottom of the page. I’ll PM you a link that you can use to upload the file.

Thanks Andrew:

• Do other functions continue to work? (UPnP, Roon, Tidal, Qobuz, etc)

yes for TIDAL and UPNP

• Please describe the network connection(s) between your Bartók, UPnP / Roon server, and the internet.

Modem > ethernet into Google Wifi hub > wireless > Google Wifi hub > ethernet into Bartok

Audirvana/Mac Mini ethernet > Google Wifi Hub

• Does this happen consistently on a particular streaming service / source?

I exclusively use TIDAL and UPNP Audirvana/MacMini
- not tested rigorously eliminating variables

• Is there anything that you’re doing consistently before the device ends up in this state? (particular

I have been known to impatiently/repeatedly fast-forward or select another track, can this spook Mosaic Control?
- not tested rigorously

• Do you use Mosaic’s internet radio or podcasts and, if so, have you experienced issues with those functions recently?

no podcasts, tried internet radio, as far as I recall it didn’t cause the issue

I rebooted the Bartok before I saw your request for logs, it’s working fine but let’s do that if there’s a next time

Andy

Mosaic Control open concurrently on multiple idevices on the LAN - potential cause?