Mosaic 1.1.1 and missing a button to open device preferences

The problem now is that not only the button that activates the settings of the selected device is unavailable, but also the button that can be used to return one level higher. So when I choose a artist’s album, I cannot return to other albums, but I have to close the application and start everything from scratch. Big disappointment and sadness for this holiday season. And music is what I really like.

Not ideal, but could any of the following work?

• Tidal connect
  • Airplay to the Bartók (worse quality, but not silence!)
  • something I’ve not thought of yet

Robert, as I said earlier:

“I have now opened Voice Over on my i-pad and it certainly says " button” for the required icon."

The button is there. We can all see it in the screen shot that you have posted. Voice Over identifies the icon as a button, I tried it. I do not know why you are having this problem. It all works as intended including Voice Over identification. Can you get your daughter to help you run through it again?

You’re right, the button is on the screen all the time, but VoiceOver doesn’t identify the icon. The icon cannot be activated while VoiceOver is running. You can check it yourself. Launch Mosaic 1.1.1, then launch VoiceOver (VoiceOver may be running all the time because the timing of VO does not affect icon visibility) Then try tapping this icon (you have to do it using double tap - this is the VO gesture if you activate any element of the application). I have checked it now with my daughter and it is not possible. I am asking for help and some solution for me. Robert

I am asking for Your opinion and honest comments. Was the old graphic solution from Mosaic 1.1.0 ugly? And the new from version 1.1.1 is definitely nicer visually?
Do sighted users definitely prefer this new solution?
Does it have any justification except for a pretty look?
Can I use the old version of Mosaic 1.1.0 and how can I restore the old version of the application?
I have a request for technical support to contact the Mosaic developers and talk about changes that would allow a blind person to use the application as before?
Currently, my DCS - expensive equipment is much less useful. I cannot ask a sighted person to choose listening material for me each time. I am asking for your understanding and help.
Robert Tota

Robert, as I have already said, Voice Over does identify the button. However I have subsequently identified a problem using Voice Over with iOS14.3. It is not completely stable and can freeze the screen. You cannot even switch off Voice Over as double tapping Settings will not open it ( or any app). In fact I was effectively locked out as although Voice Over told me that Keyboard was in Caps it was frozen in lower case mode and I was unable to enter my pass code.The only answer was to ask Siri to switch off Voice Over. That will then free the screen.

As the Bartok settings button is there but it isn’t working for you the above iOS problem could be what you are experiencing as no buttons on any app will then work. So ask Siri to switch off Voice Over then reactivate it and check if the screen now allows you to use Mosaic.

Mosaic v.1.1.1 does not change anything visually over v.1.1.0. The two look exactly the same. The new version mostly corrects known faults, one of which is the discovery function which you were having problems with earlier ( Bartok dropping out). The only addition is for users of the headphone version of Bartok which is an enhancement of the cross feed option called Expanse.

As the version of Mosaic provided by App Store or Google Play Store is now v.1.1.1 and as v.1.1.0 has been removed you cannot restore v.1.1.0 as far as I can tell.

Here is a link to the application release notes.

file:///C:/Users/petef/AppData/Local/Temp/Mosaic%201.1.1%20Release%20Notes.pdf

I ran through some VO exercises here myself. While VO did identify the “Hamburger Menu” icon correctly, and interacted with it correctly on the Support screen, once I selected the Versions screen, the menu icon became non-functional and VO would not identify it or the back arrow as an available action. Turning VO off caused both actions to be available. I am not sure this is related to Robert’s difficulty, but it does seem that something isn’t working quite right.

Yes, this is exactly the problem I have. For Voice over, this button simply does not exist. I can’t activate it with any VO gesture. For the sighted person, nothing has changed. Probably when making changes to the application, developer forgot to add an item that would be recognized by VO as active. Can this problem be corrected? Because only a developer can fix it.
Regards Robert

I understand. Unfortunately that does not solve the problem. I can not check if the application works more stable because I cannot navigate (return to higher levels. However, if I managed to choose the material to play, I can say that Mosaic works more stable and does not lose connection with Bartók. Although the problem in my case is primarily it concerned the lack of some device preferences, upsampling, filters, etc. And as I wrote, I cannot currently get to Bartók’s preferences.
Regards Robert Tota

After talking to my daughter, I understand what makes VO not support the elements important for navigating in the DCS Mosaic application. Both the device preference launcher and the back button appear as graphics invisible to Voice Over. They are there all the time on the screen in the top left corner, but cannot be clicked while VO is running. If the DCS Mosaic developer added to these graphics elements that could be recognized by VO without spoiling the visual effect of the application, this would solve the whole problem. This should not have any negative impact on the other functionalities of the application. Please, make such a small correction. I would not like to wait another year for this.
Regards Robert Tota

I support you 100% in this.

1 Like

I just hope that someone from DCS Technical Support will read this thread and understand it and include a solution to this problem in application development. Thanks again for your support. It is very important to me that someone understands my needs. It’s also important that I’m not the only one who expects these fixes (bug fixes).
Regards Robert

1 Like