Issue with Mosaic 1.4

Thanks Phil. I will monitor the situation and get back to you if it happens again.

Bes regards,
franco

Unless I’m missing something, I seem to have a Qobuz issue with 1.4. I don’t seem to be able to get album information. If I stream an album, the little i on the cover image (top left) is not there anymore so I can’t request the album info. The track info still works fine though. I hope this can be fixed as I use it all the time.

I’m using iPadOS 16.2

1 Like

Yes, along with my earlier comments I noticed this too. BTW, I find the play/view choice controls at the screen bottom very insensitive often requiring several attempts to operate. I have tried to affect this with the iOS version but the Apple settings options relate to duration rather than pressure. Android seems better.

Overall this upgrade seems less successful than those previously. I wonder if a time deadline for the development had to be met?

It seems to get worse. I have noticed in Play Queue that " Play from Here" has gone only " Play Now" remains meaning that e.g. if a file contains 2 symphonies you cannot only play number 2 .You can only select e.g. the first track of the second symphony if you want to start there. Thereon each movement ( rack) requires selection one by one.

Further some tracks are crashing leaving the controls inoperative. The right hand vertical cursor is also stuck.

I-Pad iOS 15.6.1

I will reload the software from App Store but this will be the third go.

Later: Reloaded v1.4 and I now see " Play From Here" but the cursor is not working properly.

1 Like

I notice that the slider volume control has gone and in its place is a :musical_note: symbol.
This goes clockwise/anti clockwise, once on each click but volume is unchanged!

Is there a fault here?

Thanks

Trebor, the :musical_note: icon is not volume control. It is to change phase ( polarity).

If you look to the bottom right of the screen you will see a loudspeaker icon with figures for the setting in front of it. That is the volume control. If you tap the volume figures the screen displays a circular dial for adjusting volume.

Pete, thank you!
Got it!

I do like the grid view!
Need to be able to sort favourites, artists in particular, in alphabetical order!
Trebor

Hi All,

If you are having any issues with Mosaic 1.4 can you please make sure that they get emailed to [email protected] - that way they don’t get lost in the middle of a thread on the forums. We do try to keep an eye on the forums but it is quite “fluid” and I’d like to be able to track the problems that any of you are having.

No there wasn’t - it should just have been a rolling release to sort an Android 13 change, the grid view, the volume control, a revised search and the direct connect to devices by IP address that James and I wanted for when we’re trying to help out customers with discovery issues so we are very curious about other changes that are being reported…

Cheers

Phil

You don’t write anything about problems with the keyboard and typing in the search box, for example, albums. Does this work for sighted people? Version 1.4 of Mosaic blocked the Voice over search capability that blind people use to operate IOS.

@robertt

Hi Robert,

Just to confirm, I have your report and it has been logged…

@PAR

Hi Pete,

I have your report too and I’m working through it and logging it.

Phil

1 Like

Yes, the point is that in version 1.3 of Mosaic, when I clicked on the “search” edit box, a keyboard appeared and I could enter the search phrase and find what I wanted to listen to. Only feedback about what is entered was missing. And if there was a typo, there was no way to correct it. Now it is completely impossible to type in because after clicking on the “search” field, the on-screen keyboard does not appear, which obviously makes it impossible to type anything even blindly. That’s why I’m asking if it’s possible to temporarily revert to version 1.3 of Mosaic? Maybe I’m not very good at explaining what the problem is, but English is not my native language. I apologize for these inaccuracies.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your reply. Your English is great and we understood completely what you were reporting - it has been escalated back to the app developers for their attention.

Unfortunately we have no way to roll back your particular device to 1.3 in the meantime.

Best Regards

Phil

Hi Phil,
if it is not possible to go back to version 1.3 of Mosaic, please consider sharing (on a confidential basis) the beta version of Mosaic if the keyboard support works properly in it. The lack of search means that I can only listen to newly added albums. Regards Robert

Hi Robert,

At this time there is no Beta that you could be given but I have raised your request to be included on the Beta to our App Team Manager.

1 Like

Phil and Robert, I have just checked the search facility with Mosaic v.1.4 for both UPnP and Qobuz and the OSK is correctly generated on screen. However you need to tap" Enter Search Term" for it to appear and I wonder if Robert is only tapping the search magnifying glass icon? No OSK appears but the search tern field does.

So it needs two fields to be selected.

2 Likes

Hi Pete,
Unfortunately, I don’t have visual feedback, what I click is all I hear is what VO says. When I want to search for an album or artist, I click on the item in the lower right corner called “search”. The search screen appears with the edit field “enter the search phrase” I click on this element and nothing happens. The on-screen keyboard does not appear, nor does the cursor appear in the edit box. If you put a screen with marked places where you should click to start the search?

That is not what I find and the On Screen Keyboard ( OSK) does generate when I tap this .

Phil Harris has asked that issues with Mosaic v.1.4 should be notified to him via an email to Support:

I know that you are in contact with him anyway but it nay help ensure that your very helpful suggestion is not overlooked::

B

I am running Mosaic on an Android tablet. I listen via UPnP and MinimServer. I compile a list of tracks for a listening session and put these in the play queue.

In Mosaic 1.3 the total time for the tracks to be played was displayed at the top left-hand side of the play queue. In Mosaic 1.4 only the total number of tracks in the queue is displayed. For me this is a significant retrograde step - I can no longer immediately see the duration of my planned listening session as I add tracks. Instead I have to add up the track times for all the tracks in my head.

Has anyone else noticed this change from Mosaic 1.3 to 1.4?

Can the total play time in the play queue display be restored?

(I have sent an email to dCS support.)

Yep, I noticed the missing total time duration.
It was useful to have it.
I support it being restored!